StarLite v0.01 Released - StarCraft for DS!

DaDAM

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Homebrew developers The StarDev just announced that they've released StarLite v0.01, a homebrewed version of Starcraft for the Nintendo DS. Details on the engine itself are sketchy, but indications from the developer's notes leads us to believe it is not simply a port of Blizzard's Starcraft to the Nintendo DS. In fact, StarLite appears to be a complete homebrew recreation of the game for Nintendo's dual-screen handheld.

StarLite version 0.01 is an early coded build, but it is the first playable release from The StarDev. Though the current version suffers from many bugs and hitches, the animations and implemented real-time strategy game mechanics stay completely loyal to the original.

However, StarLite has a long development road ahead of it, and The StarDev have announced that they are willing to hire two to three more developers into the team to speed up the process. They've also lined up goals for the next release, which include pathfinding and collision management, WiFi ad-hoc multiplayer for 2 player matches, and more buildings and units.

SOURCE:
http://www.qj.net/StarLite-v0-01-Starcraft...g/49/aid/110894
http://www.playeradvance.org/forum/showthread.php?t=17883

Banger

Me > | | < You ..Wanna Line dance?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thats cool. Hope the project continues. Id like to see a diablo2 clone, even diablo 1 would be cool.

Nero

GBAtemp RPG Maniac
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Awesome!
wink.gif

The screenshot looks great.

How similar is the game to Starcraft at this moment?

~Nero

Nero

GBAtemp RPG Maniac
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
the screenshots look incredible. I doubt they can get very far with it, but lord i wish them luck.

Kamiyama

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I hope there's gonna be v1.00 soon. Tried this, and all what I can do in this is create couple soldiers and kill couple of enemy.

NonStopInTheMix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
meh its ok i guess, still a long way to go but i praise these 2 dudes for what they have done so far with the port.

If anybody cant get it running just boot it using the browser of DSorganize. i tried didl patching on my computer and it didnt work =\

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It worked fine on my CycloEvo, but this even hit the front page of Digg (maybe the second) which is sad, I buried it as inaccurate because it's just proving how it could be done, as others have stated, this is more of a proof of concept type thing than anything else.

NonStopInTheMix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
ah has anybody tried this out yet? any kind of didl patching we need to do? because i cant seem to get this running on my supercard ds one =(

I tried it on a G6 Real 16Gb, and it doesn't work either.
frown.gif

i posted up there about a way to do it^^, boot it through dsorganize.

but its seriously nothing that amazing yet so maybe you're better off just using the no$gba emulator to try it out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1