Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
The message on PlayerAdvance says:

"For legal reasons, we must abandon the project.
Sorry,
The StarDev"

So... it will never be completed unless someone picks uo their work and finish it in secret!

psycoblaster

Divine
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Everybody knows about this....
I was waiting... from v0.01...
0.02 came out quickly, 0.03 got the wireless... i was checking everyday for 0.04 but didn't come out... so i wondered why and i looked but it was canceled... darn blizzard...

MagNetCZ

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Oh...Sucks... =(
They should just change te GFX an the SFX, but keep developing the engine...
You read my mind, what do you know, maybe they're still developing the game, but I think that when you're doing an SC project and you can't use SC assets it kinda ruins your motivation. But it would be lovely to have the adhoc code in ToW at least.

Cermage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
xD it was looking pretty awesome untill blizzard did that C&D, but me thinks they should continue developing the engine if they aren't

imz

GBAtemp's vigilante
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Blizzard was planning something like this anyway, here's a topic that was posted on videogamer.com:

Blizzard ask readers if they would buy a PSP or DS version of Diablo II if a wireless enabled multiplayer mode was included.

Rumours that a handheld port of Blizzard's Diablo II is in the works have emerged after Blizzard sent out a newsletter asking readers if they would consider buying a Sony PSP or Nintendo DS version of if Diablo II featuring wireless multiplayer. In the same news letter Blizzard asked readers if they would buy a DS version of the classic RTS game Starcraft.

Blizzard has not confirmed anything as yet, but are definitely testing the waters for possible releases on the console formats. We will bring you more on this when we get it.

EN!GMA

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
imz said:
Blizzard was planning something like this anyway, here's a topic that was posted on videogamer.com:

Blizzard ask readers if they would buy a PSP or DS version of Diablo II if a wireless enabled multiplayer mode was included.

Rumours that a handheld port of Blizzard's Diablo II is in the works have emerged after Blizzard sent out a newsletter asking readers if they would consider buying a Sony PSP or Nintendo DS version of if Diablo II featuring wireless multiplayer. In the same news letter Blizzard asked readers if they would buy a DS version of the classic RTS game Starcraft.

Blizzard has not confirmed anything as yet, but are definitely testing the waters for possible releases on the console formats. We will bring you more on this when we get it.

Source? Not to discredit you or anything, I just want to see the article.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I think they stopped the homebrew Starcraft clone, because they were making their own Starcraft for the DS (which hopefully gets released at the same time as Starcraft 2)

Batman55

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Minox_IX said:
I think they stopped the homebrew Starcraft clone, because they were making their own Starcraft for the DS (which hopefully gets released at the same time as Starcraft 2)

Link? Because that would be EPIC.

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When they say that they've been stopped by Blizzard, it makes me wonder if they are still secretly working on it, which to be honest, was what they should have done in the first place, and just released a fully working version rather than a PoC type deal. Same thing goes for the people that were working on a 3D Chrono Trigger.

imz

GBAtemp's vigilante
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
EN!GMA said:
imz said:

Source? Not to discredit you or anything, I just want to see the article.

sure, its here http://www.videogamer.com/news/0-0-2006-1099.html it was posted quite a while ago though

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Musk sues Hyundai in 3... 2... 1...