Starlink: Battle for Atlas to release on PC, Switch version to receive exclusive Star Fox DLC

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, Apr 24, 2019.

Front-page

Ubisoft is bringing their space-faring adventure game Starlink: Battle for Atlas to the PC this month, as announced by the company today. The game will also be getting a content updated titled Crimson Moon, which add new racing tracks and the Crimson Coliseum, where players can fight tons of enemies wave after wave. While all versions of the game on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PC, and Nintendo Switch will get this update, the Switch will get its own exclusive bonus content. Peppy, Falco, and Slippy will be added to the game as playable characters, in a mission where they must fight against the Star Wolf team. The Crimson Moon update will be available on April 30th, alongside the the PC port. Meanwhile the Star Fox characters will launch the same day, as paid DLC which will cost $11.99.

Discussion (27 replies)
  1. Arikaido

Arikaido GBAtemp Regular

Jan 29, 2010
    United States
    Hmm... I'm def happy to have more to do with this game, but the last update was pretty underwhelming, so I'm gonna hold my judgement until I play it.

2. XDel

XDel Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex

Jul 25, 2012
    United States
    Another Huxleyian Dystopia
    In other news, no new Mario titles will be made but instead Mario can be downloaded as DLC in future Sonic, Giana, and Bubsy titles.

Mylink5, Treflex and Scott-105 like this.
  3. Reploid

Reploid GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 20, 2010
    Serbia, Republic of
    Thank you, console gamers, for your betatesting

Subtle Demise and NoNAND like this.
  4. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Wait, doesn't the game require some special accessory to play with those ship pieces on the thing? How will that work on pc? :ninja:

NoNAND likes this.
  5. Scott-105

Scott-105 Bow to me. Please?

Aug 23, 2009
    Canada
    Ontario, Canada
    Haha. I know you’re joking, but for what’s it’s worth, I wholeheartedly believe Starlink is better than Starfox zero. Not that that is a very high bar though lol.

lordelan and CallmeBerto like this.
  6. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    what i wanted was a full swotch release without being an half assed physical release with half game download and half cartridge...

7. kumikochan

kumikochan GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 4, 2015
    Belgium
    Tongeren
    Great to hear ! Absolutely loved it on the switch and is such a gorgeous game so exited that i can play it 4k max settings soon

8. gameboy

gameboy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 9, 2015
    United States
    If they made the StarFox toy available to use on the ps4/xb1/pc it would sell like candy.

9. Frexxos

Frexxos GBAtemp Fan

Apr 27, 2015
    Germany
    I really enjoyed the game when it was released on switch. But after the playtrough I whished there would be more content. Its a shame that the updates and DLC's took so long to arrive. Now I don't bother anymore...

10. Zumoly

Zumoly GBATemp Analyst

Apr 27, 2018
    Mali
    Yorosso
    Can I ever get enough of this excellent game? This is truly how games should be released. I respect Ubisoft the way I respect Capcom.

11. GamerzHell9137

GamerzHell9137 GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 1, 2011
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    *hisses*

12. AdenTheThird

AdenTheThird GBATemp's official Weedle fanatic!

Apr 1, 2018
    United States
    Route 2
    If you've ever met a Star Fox nerd, then you know how seriously they take stuff like this. Man. I'm never gonna see the end of this one...

13. LightBeam

LightBeam Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 1, 2018
    France
    Well the game was fun, I'll just reinstall it for the new StarFox DLC then I'll uninstall right after, like I did before
    I just don't have interest in this game outside the StarFox content, if StarFox wasn't there I certainly wouldn't have played it, so even if I can get it on PC, the Switch version is the superior version imho

Last edited by LightBeam, Apr 24, 2019
  14. Cygen

Cygen Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2009
    Wait a second, the Starfox Content is Paid content? Didnt they announce it as a free update including the races coming in April in one of the last directs?

15. Dominator211

Dominator211 JFK's Jelly Donut

Oct 15, 2016
    United States
    Upstate, New York
    im still waiting for the crew 2

16. brunocar

brunocar GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 14, 2017
    Argentina
    im consistently amazed by your ability to find something to get pissed for no reason, im not angry, im honestly amazed.

17. KyleHyde

KyleHyde GBAtemp Regular

Dec 10, 2018
    Puerto Rico
    Not really. If you bought the digital version of the game you didn't need to use the figurines at all, as you were able to purchase all the ships/weapons via DLC. (They're already bundled in with the Digital Deluxe version.) I assume they'll probably do the same for the PC release, seeing as many physical copies of the game and the figurines for the console versions have constantly gotten discounted as stores need to clean up their inventory (it didn't sell as well as they thought it would, hence why they're not going to make figurines for the new content at all).

18. Jayro

Jayro MediCat USB and Mini Windows 10 Developer

GBAtemp Patron
    Jayro is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    I'm excited for Star Fox DLC!

19. b17bomber

b17bomber GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 15, 2009
    United States
    You think PC modders would be able to somehow look at the switch files and get the star fox content over to PC?