Starfy 2 problems :(

Discussion in 'GBA - Console and Game Discussions, Help and Tips' started by regnad, Jun 19, 2009.

Jun 19, 2009

Starfy 2 problems :( by regnad at 10:57 PM (1,098 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. regnad
    OP

Member regnad Button Masher

Japan
    I've downloaded Starfy2 from two separate sources and tried to get it to work on my Super Card, but to no avail. It immediately goes to a white screen after the GBA logo.

Starfy 3 works just fine.

Has anyone else encountered problems with this ROM, or, better yet, managed to find a solution?

2. regnad
    OP

Japan
    I take it as a big "no" I suppose. [​IMG]

Nobody has played this game?

If not, I'd certainly recommend Starfy 3. At least that one works, and it's fun, too.

3. macboy3000

Newcomer macboy3000 Advanced Member

United States
    never played before. try it for ds! [​IMG]

4. regnad
    OP

Japan
    Oh, it's on my DS as I write this.

I'd just like to play these original ones. But 2 apparently isn't going to work.

5. Saywhatjj4

Member Saywhatjj4 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    No Problem for Me as Starfy 2 works on my Supercard ds one i [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Mantis41

Member Mantis41 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Removed:

7. Psyfira

Member Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

United Kingdom
    I was using an EZFA, but I don't remember having any problems with it. I don't see anything in the list of GBA patches so if there is a problem it must be just relevant to the Supercard, or you've just had terrible luck and managed to pick up the same non-working file from 2 different sources.

Only other thing I can think of is to check you've got the latest version of the loader software / firmware, but you've probably tried that already [​IMG]

Edit: Google threw up a suggestion that some GBA games whitescreen when the Real Time Save and Restart options are enabled in the menu. Otherwise, test the roms you've downloaded on an emulator like VBA. There was originally a scene intro on the front of this game, attempting to automatically remove it with the default settings in GBATA just landed me a white screen in VBA.

8. regnad
    OP

Japan
    The ROM works just fine with VBA, and the Supercard software is the newest as far as I can tell.

I don't know how it is with other slot-2 carts, but Supercard requires you to pass the ROMs through a software that creates a SAV file and something else I can't recall. It may or may not alter the ROM itself in some way, but it does spit out another file as the ROM, so I assume it does.

When I try to do this, it fails.