1. 2,841

Front-page
    header.jpg

Stardew Valley has reached its four-year anniversary, having become one of the most popular indie games, with its take on the Harvest Moon formula. If you thought that after those four years, developer Eric Barone would be moving on from the project, you would be quite wrong, as he stated that there would be yet another content update headed to Stardew Valley in the future. There aren't any details as to what exactly will be added, but previous updates have been fairly sizeable, with the most recent 1.4 update bringing an expansion-sized amount of new features to the game.

:arrow: Source

Henx, Peloisan, HaloEffect17 and 12 others like this.
  2. Discussion (8 replies)

3. banjo2

banjo2 little man

United States
    So, chickens will be able to sit on fences?

Subtle Demise likes this.
  4. x65943

x65943 Dr. Rabbi Prince X, Sr., Ed. D.
    Global Moderator

United States
    I can't believe he is still adding more. The time and effort put into this game is incredible. Well worth the price for years of updates and new content.

In a world where so many dev studios are pushing microtransactions, this guy gives me hope. He deserves all of his success and more.

5. ChaosEternal

ChaosEternal GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Reminds me of how the team behind Terraria kept saying they were done and then kept coming back with massive content updates. The Terraria of today is practically a different game from the game I played on release. There must be 4-5 times as much content as there was at launch and there still one more major patch to come, nearly 9 years on. (Assuming they don't say "jk, we're not actually done" again.)

x65943 likes this.
  6. fvig2001

fvig2001 GBAtemp Regular

Wow, I honestly wished he stopped so that the mods I want would stop breaking but more content is always nice. I hope it's a sizable update too.

7. Mark McDonut

Mark McDonut GBATemp's Resident Ghostbuster

United States
    They need to make it so you can move cats, like pet them and have them trot away. My Fiance loses her mind trying to get through the door before she passes out sometimes and there's the cat in the doorframe or next to the bed like like "oh hey".

banjo2 likes this.
  8. Unleanone999

Unleanone999 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Togo
    Really impressed with the stuffs that they still add to the game years after its release, and it's not even a 60 dollar game.

9. Shadowfied

Shadowfied GBAtemp Addict

What a legend. Never thought I'd say it but I'm surprised it's still as profitable as it is, considering he has hired a team and stuff. Like, I'd be fine paying for DLC at this point. All props to the cute concerned monkey!

10. snobbysteven

snobbysteven Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Always awesome to see that he still is giving us free updates still. He could have taken the money and ran after the first few patches.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - upcoming, Stardew, content