Stardew Valley online multiplayer patch now in beta on PC

IMG_7738.JPG

Fans of the Harvest Moon-inspired indie game Stardew Valley will be excited to learn that as of today, the long awaited multiplayer feature is now in beta. If you own the game on Steam, you'll be able to opt-in to the 1.3 beta of the game, allowing you to test out an unfinished, but functional version of the online multiplayer. You can access this version by right clicking Stardew Valley in your Steam library, and then going to properties, then in the beta tab, enter the password "jumpingjunimos", which will start the download. Once that's completed, you'll also need to play the single player mode and build up to 3 houses for other players to live in, which unlocks the co-op menu. Stardew Valley's multiplayer update is still incomplete, so you may run into bugs. The full version of the patch still does not have a release date, but it'll be releasing fully on PC first, then the Nintendo Switch, and later for all other platforms. GOG PC owners will need to wait a "few more days" to access the beta.

:arrow: Source

owek1

Master Sword Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Anyone knows if someone with the PC version can play with those who has the Switch or PS4?

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope they add the option to start with multiple houses.

I would rather start a new game with friends. I am not interested in playing a game I've already built a second house in with a pal. At that point a lot of the fun stuff will already be finished.

Reactions: orangy57

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
so you have to hobble your farm to make room for friends?
no thank you.

also, i don't 100% see the point, i mean, i get joint farming could be much more productive early on, but pretty much anything worthwhile is halfway automated when the second year comes around.

Last edited by Clydefrosch,

kuwanger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Animal Crossing MultiVerse edition? Each village overlays on top of the others, so you can interact with other towns. All the other players appear as ghosts. So, that's where you shovel went.

ClassyDragon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huh? Wait... so you have to play single player first and build houses for other players? I really hope they change that when the multiplayer goes out of beta. Needs to be easier for a people to quickly launch a new game together.
I second this. For new players, playing solo for the first few days isn't a bad idea, but for my friends and me who have already played countless hours, I'd like to just start a new game without having to wait however long to build a cabin.

On a similar note, does anyone here know what resources and what cost the cabins are? It might not be so bad if they're cheap.

Reactions: chartube12

lexarvn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by lexarvn,

lilaznkilla

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Huh? Wait... so you have to play single player first and build houses for other players? I really hope they change that when the multiplayer goes out of beta. Needs to be easier for a people to quickly launch a new game together.
That's mainly in place for when you're resuming a existing game.
I believe that you have the option to get the houses straight away in a new game.

Reactions: HaloEliteLegend

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse