Stardew Valley heads to iOS and Android

One of the most recent indie sensations, Stardew Valley, will soon be available on mobile devices. An iOS version will release first, on October 24th, for $7.99. The Android version has no release date currently, but will have more information available at a later date. Stardew Valley's mobile port will be handled by The Secret Police, who will be reformatting the game for touchscreen controls. All features from up to version 1.3 are included, except for the online multiplayer function. If you purchase the iOS version, you'll also be able to transfer your PC save file to the game as well. There will be no added in-app purchases.

About

Move to the countryside, and cultivate a new life in this award-wining open-ended farming RPG! Featuring over 50-plus hours of content

Winner of the Golden Joystick’s Breakthrough Award!
Nominee of Game of the Year 2017 at the BAFTA Games Awards!

Key Features

• Turn your overgrown fields into a lively and bountiful farm.
  • Raise and breed happy animals, grow a variety of seasonal crops and design your farm, your way.
  • Customize your farmer and home! With hundreds of options to choose from.
  • Settle down and start a family with 12 potential marriage candidates.
  • Become part of the community by taking part in seasonal festivals and villager quests.
  • Explore vast, mysterious caves, encountering dangerous monsters and valuable treasure.
  • Spend a relaxing afternoon at one of the local fishing spots or go crabbing by the seaside.
  • Forage, grow crops and produce artisan goods to cook up as a delicious meal.
Note: Features new 1.3 update story content, multiplayer functionality not supported. No in-app purchases.

Only1chance

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
I wonder if I can copy my save from switch into the android one ?! Regarless, I love this game, will most likely download the apk from somewhere.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
That's pretty sweet! :D

I've played it on my gpd win, but will gladly pay for it again for my gpd xd (the "power on -> game" time on windows devices simply don't favor short bursts of game time).

I'm both disgusted and intrigued xD

First off, mobile game ewww.... But I have to say, this would feel perfect as a mobile game too.
So basically, you think less of a game you like because it comes to a platform you don't like? :unsure:

About time! Hopefully will support gamepads. Awesome!
Can't say much of iOS, but android has it natively supported for about five years now(quick source). And seeing how gamepads were already supported, it's so much a given that one could better hope that a decent touchscreen alternative is implemented alongside the gamepad option. ;)

JamiePashley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I got bored of this on PS4 after a couple years, i hear the PC version has more replayability with mods and stuff, but a sequal or expansion which be much appreciated!

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
So basically, you think less of a game you like because it comes to a platform you don't like? :unsure:
No no, not at all :)
I'm just thinking "eww a mobile game" because 99% of mobile games are not fun for me, mostly for the lack of buttons and stuff.
But when thinking about it, a game like Stardew Valley really should work with touch input in mind, since it's peaceful and meditative in style... it suits the platform well. (Maybe combat can be a bit tricky?).

And I don't think less of the game at all, I like it a lot, always have and always will :D (Hell, I've even bought it twice).

Reactions: Taleweaver

WiikeyHacker

Natsumi Naga
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Facepalm not everything needs to be on phones, Phones are communication devices not game consoles. I never saw the point of putting graphics card in phones when there sole purpose is to communicate with people not create mindless zombies that almost get run over due to them staring at a screen and not focusing on what's going on around them.

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No no, not at all :)
I'm just thinking "eww a mobile game" because 99% of mobile games are not fun for me, mostly for the lack of buttons and stuff.
But when thinking about it, a game like Stardew Valley really should work with touch input in mind, since it's peaceful and meditative in style... it suits the platform well. (Maybe combat can be a bit tricky?).

And I don't think less of the game at all, I like it a lot, always have and always will :D (Hell, I've even bought it twice).
bought it twice myself too XD (pc then switch)
at least this isn't like terraria mobile. now that is an absolute nightmare on a touchscreen and it barely has any controller support at all in a situation where it would be assential

chirogan

The Engineer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Facepalm not everything needs to be on phones, Phones are communication devices not game consoles. I never saw the point of putting graphics card in phones when there sole purpose is to communicate with people not create mindless zombies that almost get run over due to them staring at a screen and not focusing on what's going on around them.
We are on the age of multimedia smartphones. Better camera. Better processors. Better screens. Better OS.
It can be a Camera device. Gaming device. Music players. Its on peoples preference.

WiikeyHacker

Natsumi Naga
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I realize that but to me putting all that crap into a phone is just stupid ok the camera I can understand as people loke to take pictures/photos. But gaming graphics cards is just silly just leave gaming for consoles not phones. and social media for pcs, and laptops. but then again shows like jeremy kyle and jerry springer would be boring without people to entertain us when if social media was taken off phones. I know it would save lives I had to shout to a idiot just on face book staring down at his phone and almost got hit by a tram and still didnt look even after the tram almost hit hit and destroyed his phone. Did he care he almost died? No just he lost his phone and couldn't go on facebook.

kingfrost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I realize that but to me putting all that crap into a phone is just stupid ok the camera I can understand as people loke to take pictures/photos. But gaming graphics cards is just silly just leave gaming for consoles not phones. and social media for pcs, and laptops. but then again shows like jeremy kyle and jerry springer would be boring without people to entertain us when if social media was taken off phones. I know it would save lives I had to shout to a idiot just on face book staring down at his phone and almost got hit by a tram and still didnt look even after the tram almost hit hit and destroyed his phone. Did he care he almost died? No just he lost his phone and couldn't go on facebook.

You do realize Facebook has been used to track and find people when massive disasters and man-made have happened as well as to allow people to communicate quicker and with more flexibility in this situations then just phones will. I don't like Facebook but I'm not going to pretend like it doesn't have its uses.

Moving right, do you always think phones shouldn't play music, as I see irresponsible people walk into traffic listening to music all the time? CD Players? I've seen people walk around playing their portable game systems distracted and almost hurt themselves. How do you feel about those? Irresponsible people run their cars into people all the time Do you support taking away those?

My point is, it's not the product's fault if people choose to use it irresponsibly. I don't want options taken away from me because other people behave stupidity.

Song of storms

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I'm both disgusted and intrigued xD

First off, mobile game ewww.... But I have to say, this would feel perfect as a mobile game too.
The only reason you aren't seeing many decent games on the mobile market is because devs stay away from a platform that ranks a vast percentage of lost sales due to piracy as much as possible. This is why the game is on iOS and not on Android yet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.