Starcraft II

Defiance

oh my god.. it's full of trading cards...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hell yeah! I already made a Starcraft thread too, BTW...
tongue.gif

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I hate Zerg rushes
frown.gif
Though I suck at Starcraft so I shouldn't be complaining. I do enjoy the game though and can't wait for the second one.

TheWingless

Wafuu~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I likes how they implemented NO-CD in 1.15.X. I just started playing again pretty recently. I wouldn't want to pirate this game anyways. Can't wait for the release. Their website is pretty slow to update though.

Edit: Btw, if anyone needs instructions on how to do this, just ask. It requires about 500 MB though as it also will load the music on to the computer. This is not ware/pirate/iso related. No download(REQUIRES RECENT patch) is required.

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
TheWingless said:
I likes how they implemented NO-CD in 1.15.X. I just started playing again pretty recently. I wouldn't want to pirate this game anyways. Can't wait for the release. Their website is pretty slow to update though.

Edit: Btw, if anyone needs instructions on how to do this, just ask. It requires about 500 MB though as it also will load the music on to the computer. This is not ware/pirate/iso related.
Thats not really an anti-piracy protection but more of a hard drive space thing. When Starcraft was first made, hard drives weren't as large as they are now and most PCs require a CD or had an option for a Full Install or a Lite install that required a CD.

TheWingless

Wafuu~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I didn't mean anything about anti-piracy protection. Just trying to tell people that it wasn't illegal or anything like that. Just need your Starcraft CD(or Brood War). Won't work if you lost your CD!

BoneMonkey

The cheese stash is a lie.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
the wingless i installed starcraft and starcraft brood war (ORGINALS)

then i installed the patch (OFFICAL FROM BLIZZARD)

but i still need the cd to play did i do something wrong

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
BoneMonkey said:
the wingless i installed starcraft and starcraft brood war (ORGINALS)

then i installed the patch (OFFICAL FROM BLIZZARD)

but i still need the cd to play did i do something wrong
You need to drag the really really large, 500+ meg files off the CDs to your Starcraft folder.

TheWingless

Wafuu~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
If you have the hard drive space, you can do it.
QUOTE said:
Windows Users:

* Make sure you have "Hide extensions for known types" unchecked under Explorer Folder Options.
* If you own only StarCraft, copy "INSTALL.EXE" from the StarCraft CD to your StarCraft folder and rename it to "StarCraft.mpq".
* If you own StarCraft: Brood War, copy "INSTALL.EXE" from the StarCraft: Brood War CD to your StarCraft folder and rename it to "BroodWar.mpq".

Mac Users

* If you own only StarCraft, copy "StarCraft Archive" from the StarCraft CD to your StarCraft folder.
* If you own StarCraft: Brood War, copy "Brood War Archive" from the StarCraft: Brood War CD to your StarCraft folder.
Don't lose your CD though! You might have something screwed up one day and might need to reinstall it. To open the disk/explore, just open My computer and right click>Explore.

TheWingless

Wafuu~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I believe this was from the changelog. I didn't even know until I googled it up wondering why there wasn't an update to BWLauncher's NoCD. I use it on both the lappy and my Vista comp.

BoneMonkey

The cheese stash is a lie.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Windows Users:
- Make sure you have "Hide extensions for known types" unchecked. To do this please use the following steps:
- Click Start -> Programs -> Accessories -> Windows Explorer
- Click on Tools -> Folder options (Windows Vista users may have to press the Alt key to see the tools option at the top of the window)
- Click on the View Tab In the list, look for the "Hide extensions for known file types" option, and make sure that it is unchecked.
- Click OK to save the changes.
- Now you will need to copy some files from the Game CDs

- If you own only StarCraft, copy "INSTALL.EXE" from the StarCraft CD to your StarCraft folder and rename it to "StarCraft.mpq".

- If you own StarCraft: Brood War, copy "INSTALL.EXE" from the StarCraft: Brood War CD to your StarCraft folder and rename it to "BroodWar.mpq". If you wish to play the StarCraft original missions then please copy and rename the install file from the original StarCraft CD as well, as listed directly above.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The mutated Axolotl was awesome