OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
Dont know if this has been posted already but heres the E3 2010 trailer :

Im quite excited about this game, I saw that trailer and I want to play it ! I will need to buy a better computer maybe, hopefully this will be about the same "specs" as WoW, something I can run on my Laptop atm.

Y05h1

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
It's looking like it'll turn out to be a great MMO, and I'm really looking forward to it. It's nice that they are showing off cinematic trailers, but I would also appreciate some gameplay footage...

And I'm going to also have to invest in a new computer, I want to play the game at max settings, no less. My computer is getting pretty old...

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
They've been slowly releasing cinematic and still peaks for a while now. Originally it was supposed to be a MMO history to Knights of the Old Republic but they changed the scope and aim of the game not long after that announcement. Now it's just another one of those MMOs in production and I predict it'll go the same way as Aion.

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Originality said:
Now it's just another one of those MMOs in production and I predict it'll go the same way as Aion.

Hehehe, I loved Aion once. I even led a full (80 member?) level 3 Legion until about 3-4 months into the game.
After the second wave of mass bannings hit two people close to me whom I don't believe were ever botting, I pretty much turned my back on the game. Also, the first level 50 (max at the time) Sorcerer on our entire server was banned because, as he soon became the first maxed out Tailor as well, they banned him on *suspiscion* of RMT. He was selling orange quality items, whatever they were called, for millions of Kinah, through chat and trade broker, and everyone who knew him were aware he legitimately farmed the materials to make them. He was even known to be a "fair" craftsman meaning he never charged an additional fee if the item consigned to be produced (with your own materials) was the High Quality "orange" result. His banning was a scandal because it was so early in the NA release of the game and he was very well known.
The legion I led is still around, I even still pay for its vent server, but its membership collapsed quite quickly after I changed leadership over. It went from rank 12 or 13 in December (on the 1st page on the leaderboard) to its current rank 27.

/end rant

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Wish they'd show some in game footage. I have high hopes for this game. Mainly as it's being developed by Bioware who usually make awesome rpg type games.

Once released I'm hoping they have some sort of trial to see if it's any good.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Edhel said:
A PC title. MMORPGs haven't really been cracked on the console platform just yet.
I'm guessing you don't consider Phantasy Star Online and FF11 to be legit MMOs then.

EDIT: As for the gameplay, you can expect it to be based on current Bioware games and at least halfway similar to Knights of the Old Republic 2. Obviously there won't be any pausing, but I've heard that it'll employ a similar turn based mechanic - queue your attacks, then wait until its your turn to attack, with all sorts of hidden modifiers dictating how much time there is between attacks. They did reveal some details about it around a year ago, but I can't remember at all.

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Originality said:
Edhel said:
A PC title. MMORPGs haven't really been cracked on the console platform just yet.
I'm guessing you don't consider Phantasy Star Online and FF11 to be legit MMOs then.

Yes they are legit MMO's but they haven't got the concept correct yet (on a console at least), whilst FFXI is a very successful PC MMO on the 360 player base was very low, the reason: who the fuck wants to pay a subscription for xbox live gold AND an MMO with crappy controls on 360 when they can be seperate and much better on PC?
If MMO's are going to come to a console F2P is the way to go especially for 360 users we already pay enough for the tonne of other overpriced shit they spew at us.

I won't comment on PSO, for PSU however again subscription based, and whilst it's good the free demo is still around and that's enough for most of us.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
At least with PSO, you had the option to sign up to the BlueBurst and BlackWater private servers, although I didn't play often enough in those days for it to matter - BlueBurst, despite becoming free once the PC version with the same name lost its playerbase, never had enough legit players to hook up with, and BlackWater kept switching its IP every month, making it difficult for a casual player like me to keep up.

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Originality said:
Edhel said:

My point is they haven't penetrated the mass market in the way MMOs on the PC have. Such as WoW and Ultima Online in the older days. Just what percentage of people who own a game console play an MMO on them?

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's not a large percentage but I know people who bought a PS2 with a HDD back in the day specifically for FF11 and played it for at least 3 years.

As for PSO BB, the schthack server bans people who cheat in blue burst but not any other version of PSO that connects to the same server, however, Blue Burst players cannot join games with anyone from another platform including PSO PC - so hacked items can't get into the legit Blue Burst playerbase. And though it's far from the popularity of DC PSO back in like, 2001, there are usually over 300 people connected at any time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Remember when YouTubetoMP3 was a thing back in the 2010s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Until YT updated some stuffs and broke the website.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I was 2 in 2010
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh lol
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This was in the Minecraft-era.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol Bun rockin out at 2 :rofl2:
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    same tbh
    ♫ Mama hully gully, Papa hully gully, Baby hully gully too:rofl2:
    Oh god, I really am old. lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @SylverReZ, sup Sylv!
    +1
    Anyway, I gotta go to the store. L8er guys. Oops, I better put some clothes on :shy::tpi::rofl2:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Sicklyboy, Hey there Sickly.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AncientBoi, Make sure the cops don't see that.
    hazbeans @ hazbeans: hi