'Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic' launches today on the Nintendo Switch

kotor switch.png

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic is getting a remake for PS5 and PC, but if you haven't played the classic title developed by BioWare yet, you can now do so on the Nintendo Switch as of today. To accompany the launch, a new trailer was released:

Four thousand years before the Galactic Empire, countless Jedi Knights have fallen in battle against the ruthless Sith, and now you are the last hope of the Jedi Order. Can you master the awesome power of the Force and save the Republic? Or will you fall to the lure of the dark side? Hero or villain, savior or conqueror... you alone will determine the fate of the entire galaxy!

The Switch version of the game is said to boast HD fidelity with upgraded resolution, textures, UI and cinematics. Other key features of Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic include:
  • Journey through the original Star Wars RPG classic, set in an era long before the rise of the Empire and filled with unique characters, creatures, vehicles and planets.
  • Choose your own path with customizable characters and meaningful decisions that will impact your squad, your story and your destiny.
  • Wield your own lightsaber and harness the power of the Force with over 40 different abilities.
  • Adventure through eight enormous and iconic Star Wars worlds, including Tatooine and Kashyyyk, in your own daring starship, the Ebon Hawk.
  • Choose your party from and build everlasting bonds with nine unique crewmates, including Twi'leks, droids and Wookiees.
  • Experience the legend in incredible HD detail with upgraded resolution, textures, UI and cinematics.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic is available on the Switch via the Nintendo eShop for $14.99|£11.29|12,49€.

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

FFTW

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah; it was most notable in Taris, as some of the quests have more to them; edited in the sense to need more, but to actually make sense to do. There's also more areas to explore.

There's also restored critters on Dantooine. A few more surprises interspersed. It'd be spoiling things to go into detail ;) if you're fine with that, DeadlyStream's page on the mod has a video that goes into more detail to promote it.
That is enough to know for me! Like I said, really hope the hackers add it to the game! Will play it again for playthrough #Godknowshowmany then :).

landysmods

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
rogue squadron 1 is on n64 only 2 and 3 are on the gc.

of the 3 games only the first one had a pc release, the second and thrid were made exclsuvively for the gamecube which mens its hard to port/remaster devs mostly just remaster or port games with pc version since its way easier.
I'd be happy for an upscaled Rogue Squadron 1 at least

HK-51

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
you mean I can buy for 10th time... Man, WITCHER 3 better watch out!
*cough* SKYRIM *cough* Its literally been ported to a fucking fridge :rofl2:.

Seriously couldnt have ported the superior game, KOTOR 2 with the Restored content mod? its an official DLC now with self admitted spliced together audio from devs AND IN THE CREDITS and not just retakes of the cut dialog from an official company. What a time to be alive.

Last edited by HK-51,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.