Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order sequel Jedi: Survivor announced, set for 2023 release

The rumors were right: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order is getting a sequel. Over the course of the last few months, reputable leakers claimed that a follow-up to Respawn's 2019 game was in development, and would be revealed soon, with EA even stating that they were working on three separate Star Wars games currently at Respawn. Finally, officially announced at this year's Star Wars Celebration event was Star Wars Jedi: Survivor, out sometime next year. The game will take place five years after the first one, and will once more feature Cal Kestis as the protagonist. A full press release also features an interview with the director of the series, asking questions related to the upcoming game.

StarWars.com: Respawn just released a teaser for Star Wars Jedi: Survivor at Star Wars Celebration. I know there’s not much you can say, but something that struck me about it is the mood of the piece. It’s mysterious and menacing, and I’m wondering if you’d say that’s a reflection of what might be in store.

Stig Asmussen:
Yeah, you nailed it. Right there, that’s the purpose in the tone of it, is to leave the player with a lot of questions but they’re very intrigued. The game is all about survival. That’s why it’s called Jedi: Survivor. They are in dark times, and Cal and the crew are doing whatever it takes to stay alive. That might mean that they are making connections with people that, in other times, might be considered unsavory. Some of that is portrayed in the trailer, and again, I don’t want to give anything away, but there’s definitely a sense of… I don’t want to spoil anything, sorry! [Laughs.]

Teletron1

Space Tech Engineer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’ve yet to finish the first one but this is a very well done game by Respawn and will look forward in playing the sequel 👍🕹

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't let this distract you from the fact that this is being published by ea, headed by (still!) The same Andrew Wilson who went out of his way to express his disdain and disrespect forfor narrative driven games, and who steadily infested every franchise and release with loot boxes and micro transactions in their releases to the point of very nearly getting congressional action involved.

Under normal circumstances it is guaranteed, that jfo never would have even reached beta, much less release. It is only because the caliber of assassins that disney could hire, would have dismembered him in front of the public at E3 and been able to lobby away any and all guilt for such a grand murder. Wilson no doubt expected to pollute the game with more mandatory micro transactions if it wasn't reined back in, to appease Disney's stake on the property.

EA gave us a souls game, for star wars, because they wanted to demand $100 per level in loot boxes. Never, ever, ever forgive or forget what they did with battlefront.

urbanman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I heard through the grapevine there was an upcoming sequel around the corner, but I wasn't expecting it to release so soon. This is awesome.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Apply snorgle to pinfor.