Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order gets new free DLC that adds New Journey+ and extra challenges

May the 4th be with you, as Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order gets some free new content to celebrate the date. Available now are a host of new additions to the game, including bugfixes, accessibility improvements, and additional game modes and challenges. New Journey+ has been added, allowing you to play the game over from the start, while carrying your cosmetic items and lightsaber colors over. Doing so also unlocks meditation training game modes, which are challenges that take place in a battle grid against bosses and enemy waves. A few gameplay mechanics have been tweaked as well, allowing players to skip button-mashing quick time events and offering text-scaling options.

Meditation Training

Meditation Training is the biggest part of this update and is a new game mode hub that can be accessed from the Meditation points found throughout the game (further details on that below). In it, you’ll be able to face off against all enemies, including bosses, in two different modes: Combat Challenges and the Battle Grid.

Star-Wars-Jedi-Fallen-Order_2020_05-04-20_001.jpg

Combat Challenges will pit Cal against waves of enemies across multiple planetary backdrops from across the galaxy, including the Imperial stronghold Fortress Inquisitorius. Each unique location will feature its own unique challenges, too, allowing for tailor-made experiences that draw from each environment. Different challenges will have different numbers of waves and each will have a three-star completion rating.

What makes these challenges especially unique is that they’ve all been designed for veteran players. They’re designed to be tackled when Cal is at his strongest and most experienced towards the end of the game, so be wary if you decide to take on challenges early in a playthrough. The abilities Cal knows at the time of entering his meditation will be the ones you take into a challenge.

There are 12 challenges in total and each challenge has three stars. Unlocking twelve stars in total, regardless of how many you get per challenge, will give you three new BD-1 appearances.

• Star 1: Complete the challenge
  • Star 2: Complete the challenge without healing
  • Star 3: Complete the challenge without taking damage
If you consider yourself a master of the Jedi ways, try getting all three stars! However, if you’re looking for a wholly unique challenge, this next mode is for you.

The second mode in Meditation Training is called the Battle Grid. This mode is a sandbox for players to create their own encounters. In it, players will be able to select a location, the size of the encounter they want to face, tinker with various difficulty modifiers, and set the overall combat difficulty to one of the four difficulty levels.

There’s a lot of room for creativity within this mode and you’ll also be able to save your grid creations to play later. As an added bonus, this mode will also feature unique enemies Cal saw during the dark visions of his past and future: his fallen Master Jaro Tapal as well as the dark side version of himself, Inquisitor Cal Kestis!

We can’t wait to see the encounters you create and hope you’ll share screenshots and video clips of your punishing creations for the community to replicate!

New Journey+

A common request we got was for a way to replay the game while carrying some things over. The core experience of Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order revolves around Cal’s growth and learning (and relearning) his abilities as he restores his connection to the Force and overcomes his traumas. For this mode, we think we’ve found a good balance between what to carry over while still allowing Cal to discover abilities on his journey.

With this update also comes the New Journey+ mode. This new feature gives those of you who’ve beaten the game a menu option to start from the beginning, gaining access to Meditation Training game modes (exclusively available in New Journey+). You’ll also keep all of their collectibles from a previous playthrough while abilities will have to be relearned. This includes lightsaber parts, kyber crystal colors, and other aesthetic items. And yes, that means you get to keep every poncho. Any chests you’ve opened in your previous playthrough will stay empty, meaning you won’t need to check every chest or open empty ones by accident. Any chests you haven’t opened, though, will remain in place for you and your best droid buddy to find.

As an added bonus, NJ+ will unlock an additional appearance for Cal: the Inquisitor uniform, as seen during a vision he has during the story. Naturally, you’ll need a lightsaber to match, so we’re also adding the iconic red kyber crystal along with two new lightsaber sets: Protection and Defense I & II. What’s especially exciting about these new hilts is that we’ve once again worked with our friends at Lucasfilm and Disney to make sure they match the ones you’d find in Batuu at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort!

All of these are exclusive to New Journey+ and cannot be used during a fresh playthrough of the game.

Accessibility Improvements

Accessibility is something we really care about. After the launch of the game, we got some great feedback on how we could make the game even more accessible. At the core of every Respawn game, we want them to feel good to play, and we want them to feel good for every kind of gamer. To better meet that goal, we’ve added some additional accessibility options that we hope can help more players enjoy Cal’s story.

• Option for button-mashing quick-time events to be skipped
  • Needing to hold the Climb button can now be disabled
  • Holding a button to confirm/interact with something can be changed to a button press
  • Text size scaling options have been added

D

Deleted User

https://wccftech.com/star-wars-jedi-fallen-order-new-game-plus-challenges/

General

• New Journey + added
    • Unlocked after beating the game
    • All cosmetic unlocks are carried over
    • All lightsaber colours are available from the start
    • Exclusive dark side-themed cosmetics available in NJ+
      • Inquisitor uniform
      • Protection and Defence I & II lightsaber parts
      • Red kyber crystal
  • Meditation Training game modes added as part of NJ+
    • Combat Challenges
      • Wave-based game modes to fight against preset enemies
    • Battle Grid
      • Sandbox-style game mode for players to make their own encounters
    • Cosmetic rewards for BD-1

Accessibility

• Button-mashing quick-time events can now be skipped
  • Holding a button to confirm/interact with something can be changed to a button press

Bug Fixes and Tweaks

• Improved transitions between parry and block animations
  • The Bog Rats on Bogano were sometimes floating. They should now be more grounded.
  • Improved the transitions into and out of jumping and double jumping
  • Fixed the issue where Cal could get stuck in an endless falling loop during air attacks
  • Fixed the issue that would prevent Cal from progressing his journey when a Bounty Hunter would show up
  • Improved overall responsiveness of gameplay and the reliability of actions based on player feedback

Reactions: uzimakiuchiha

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
https://wccftech.com/star-wars-jedi-fallen-order-new-game-plus-challenges/

General

• New Journey + added
    • Unlocked after beating the game
    • All cosmetic unlocks are carried over
    • All lightsaber colours are available from the start
    • Exclusive dark side-themed cosmetics available in NJ+
      • Inquisitor uniform
      • Protection and Defence I & II lightsaber parts
      • Red kyber crystal
  • Meditation Training game modes added as part of NJ+
    • Combat Challenges
      • Wave-based game modes to fight against preset enemies
    • Battle Grid
      • Sandbox-style game mode for players to make their own encounters
    • Cosmetic rewards for BD-1

Accessibility

• Button-mashing quick-time events can now be skipped

Bug Fixes and Tweaks

• Improved transitions between parry and block animations
  • The Bog Rats on Bogano were sometimes floating. They should now be more grounded.
  • Improved the transitions into and out of jumping and double jumping
  • Fixed the issue where Cal could get stuck in an endless falling loop during air attacks
  • Fixed the issue that would prevent Cal from progressing his journey when a Bounty Hunter would show up
  • Improved overall responsiveness of gameplay and the reliability of actions based on player feedback
i guess a tl;dr is nice for people who don't want to read..? dont really see much point in repeating the main post myself but you do you lol

anyways, was always interested in this game. definitely gonna pick it up at some point, good to know there's more stuff when i do.

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

i guess a tl;dr is nice for people who don't want to read..? dont really see much point in repeating the main post myself but you do you lol

anyways, was always interested in this game. definitely gonna pick it up at some point, good to know there's more stuff when i do.
Lol, yeah it really looks like it. Though not intended at first.:wacko:

DANTENDO

I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes do so the combat is very satisfying and if a home cinema system pump the volume up for fantastic star wars sounds

Seliph

Best Girl ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Couldn't you cope on the dark souls like combat - mayb youl hav mor fun on easy mode
I played almost exclusively on the hardest difficulty, it played like a stripped-down Dark Souls with less real consequences for dying. The combat is honestly probably one of the best elements, but it's pretty stagnant. I like the graphical design of some levels like Kashyyk but the caves in Zeffo were absolutely horrible. Puzzles were practically nonexistent, the story was palpable at best. The sound design of the lightsabers is really good, but there's like probably 10 different sound effects for footsteps and it's really jarring hearing the same footsteps on everything. It incorporates elements from lots of games but doesn't really do anything better than those games, and once you get past the game's presentation (graphically it's pretty impressive), there's not really much interesting or unique there.

So the game wasn't too hard for me, it's easier than any Fromsoft game I've ever played. It's just a very middle of the road somewhat competent product designed to appeal to the largest demographic possible and not much else. It's perfectly fine for an hour or two, but it lacks any real substance (kinda like everything else Disney and EA makes). I found it quite boring.

Reactions: Chary

nolimits59

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Bought it for that nice 35€ yesterday, i still had 10€ on my steam wallet so that was pretty much a nobrain !

Will finally get to really play it !

I tried it cracked, got bugs on that planet right after the elevetor, game was glitchy AF, polygons going everywhere and getting stretched then crashed, no one actually botherred to update the crack so I didnt bother and decided to wait till I buy it ! :)

PROTOBOY

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So if I decide to start new game plus, all my force and health upgrades will be lost??

I just don't follow..

vree

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sadly this doesn't give me enough reason to revisit when I already beaten it on the hardest difficulty and platinumed it.

PROTOBOY

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah pretty much, but is worth to buy on sale, specially if you are Stars Wars fan, since the game plot is cannon.

I suggest you buy either the Xbox One X or PC version, as ps4's has the worst graphics and framerates.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Speaking of PLaystation. I see Evilnat put out a beta for PS3 CFW 4.91.2 on the 22nd.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't really see the point in updating it tbh
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right, I thought about updating my PS3 CFW to 4.91, but why really, everything plays fine now. I guess for people that have already updated past 4.9 it would be helpful.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Idk if online servers are still active that would be my only thought
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Thats true, personally I don't play it online at all, in fact, I deleted all wifi details on it once I installed CFW, so it won't connect and auto-update itself
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I play most games that are on both PS3/360 strickly on the 360, but PS3 exclusives are really only games I play on the PS3 (You know me, I'm more of a Xbox junkie)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ps3 really has no titles worth going online over nps is the only reason you'd want wifi
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    what is nps?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, what about GTA v onl... O Yea the PS3 versión got discontinued
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I feel like the world's cheapest pc build can play gtaV
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    In modern standards
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, then why mine can't?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 What is nps you mentioned?