1. Veho

OP Veho The man who cried "Ni".
    Former Staff

Croatia
    That's the part that excited me most about the teaser, the chance they might try to undo the damage that Last Jedi did. The rest of the trailer is just some concept art and a few reaction shots that might as well have been principal photography.

2. AsPika2219

AsPika2219 Pikachu going beach!

Malaysia
    Ohhh.... STAR WARS! :D So, who the next jedi? Ready for end the battle.... whatever it takes!

3. Veho

Former Staff

Croatia
    New trailer out.

THE FUUUUUUUUUUU----

AsPika2219 likes this.
  4. weatMod

weatMod GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    i would rather pay to see an entire jar jar spin off movie made by Lucas than i would the entire POS new trilogy or anything else made by Disney

5. Jayro

Jayro MediCat USB and Malwarebytes Bootable Developer
    Developer

United States
    People judge these movies too hard. VIII was great, and so was the Solo movie. We got to not only see how he met Chewy, but also how he got his name, his ship, WHY he loves the ship so much, and got to see that epic Kessel Run he keeps bragging about.

6. Hardline

Hardline GBAtemp Advanced Fan and Power Metal Fan

Sweden
    i think it gone be grear, a new begining:bow:

Jayro likes this.
  7. AsPika2219

Malaysia
    C-3PO is now RED EYES! :blink:

8. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

I'm cautiously excited.

The force awakens was okay. Not my favorite movie, at all, but neither was A New Hope. When I first watched it, I assumed that they were gonna make up for the character development in the next movie. Examine Rey's motivations, have Finn grow as a character, etc.

The last Jedi, of course pooped all over my expectations. Apparently this makes it a subversive masterpiece.

Words really can't describe how disappointed I was with TLJ. There were so many interesting ideas and concepts that just continuously fell flat on their face over and over. And I'm not even talking about the purple girl with the hyperdrive thing. I get it. Rule of cool and all, it's fine.

I'm talking about how Rey was revealed to have nobody parents and nothing is ever done with it. There was such massive potential for conversations about what she's fighting for, all ending with her discovering the reason she fights or something like that. She could've made for a beautiful message about how you don't need some noble genealogy or great destiny to be a champion for good. Again, TFA seemed to set us up for something like this, with her fairly empty motivations. She would've eventually found a concrete reason for fighting.

I'm talking about the constant 'grey morality' rhetoric that's constantly stuffed in our faces but there's never any discussion about what this really means or why any of the characters should ascribe to it.

I'm talking about Finn finally realizing what he's fighting for and nearly completing his character arc in the form of crashing his ship into the laser thing, and yet being averted at the last second by a cringy 'love not hate' message.

And on a more technical level, the movie just doesn't work. There were these constant side quests that completely messed up the pacing. Not to mention the weird emotional tonal shift every scene.

I get the feeling they were trying to subvert the previous films for the sake of subversion. And while sometimes that's okay, when your act II feels like the epilogue, you know you have a serious problem.

That's why I'm somewhat eager for the new film. J.J Abrams seemed to have a better grasp of the themes of Star Wars, and just a better feel for pacing in general. It would take some serious heavy lifting to salvage the mess TLJ created, but I think Abrams has a chance.

Sorry for the rant.

9. burial

burial GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I enjoy these more than the prequels but tbh idk wtf is going on storywise.

The movies also seriously lack a strong villain and hero.....

10. Veho

Former Staff

Croatia

Aww yes, goosebumps.

So hype.

AlanJohn and AsPika2219 like this.
  11. AlanJohn

AlanJohn くたばれ

Ukraine
    So the first trilogy was about Luke fighting the empire. The second one was about Anakin becoming Darth Vader. What exactly is this trilogy about?

12. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    I recently saw episode viii. I actually liked it more than episode vii. I also saw solo. now, that was terrible imo.

13. darcangel

darcangel Lovely Troll

Brazil
    Star wars the rise of Mary sue

14. Veho

Former Staff

Croatia
    It's kinda hard to say at this point, since the first film set up several plots but then the second one went "lol j/k we're not gonna do that, we're gonna scrap the whole thing and make shit up as we go along" so now we'll just have to wait and see.

15. alexander1970

alexander1970 Sometime it gets better..

Austria
    Is that Lando in the Middle at 0:26 ?

16. Veho

Former Staff

Croatia
    Yes.

alexander1970 likes this.
  17. Chary

Chary Never sleeps
    Chief Editor

United States
    i'm cautiously optimistic? hope it turns out better than the last one...

18. AsPika2219

Malaysia
    Next trailer - "End" TV Spot

Veho and alexander1970 like this.
  19. AsPika2219

Malaysia
    "Celebrate" - TV Spot!

20. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

Saw the movie in theater today. I think it´s a better movie than episode 8 but not really a good one. I give it a 7 out of 10.
    I just wish they would have taken more risks, they played a little to save for my tastes.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Skywalker, Episode,