Star Wars Episode 1: Racer faces a delay a day prior to its release date

SWracer.jpg

Those that had their heart set on playing the remaster of Star Wars Episode 1: Racer on launch have suddenly found that they won't get the chance to experience it, just yet. AspyrMedia, the publisher in charge of bringing the game to both PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch have announced that they will not be able to make the release date, which was supposed to be on today, May 12th. The delay stems from difficulties surrounding development due to the current work at home mandate across the globe, according to the company. A new release date was not provided. Star Wars Episode 1: Racer originally released in 1999, for the Game Boy Color, PC, and Nintendo 64, followed by a Dreamcast version a year later.

:arrow: Source

nolimits59

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I didn't even know they where porting it...

I'm even more sad to read that it is only ported to switch and PS4... was hoping for a steam or even at least Epic launcher release (it's star wars/disney so..)

DANTENDO

I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Dam this was on my playlist great sense of speed and great sound and remba playing it at toys r us and put and yr hand up if this is only what you kno of the film haha

xtrem3x

Trophies
XP
Country

I'm even more sad to read that it is only ported to switch and PS4... was hoping for a steam or even at least Epic launcher release (it's star wars/disney so..)

The original is on Steam already, I'm hoping the remaster is a free update (although I highly doubt it) :)

Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
France

There's already a Steam version afaik, at least the game is on GOG anyways... but I think the best way to play this game is probably to emulate the Dreamcast version...

Xizix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why didn't they announce the delay sooner? Isn't this something that they would have anticipated a few days ago, and not the day off.

Reactions: skinnyBIGGS

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Didn't even know it was being ported over, last I heard about the game was the GoG release and that was kind of it, which is good enough for me so nothing really lost for myself.

But it's a shame they had to delay it, definitely one of those old classics.

Reactions: Stealphie

Stealphie

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Those that had their heart set on playing the remaster of Star Wars Episode 1: Racer on launch have suddenly found that they won't get the chance to experience it, just yet. AspyrMedia, the publisher in charge of bringing the game to both PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch have announced that they will not be able to make the release date, which was supposed to be on today, May 12th. The delay stems from difficulties surrounding development due to the current work at home mandate across the globe, according to the company. A new release date was not provided. Star Wars Episode 1: Racer originally released in 1999, for the Game Boy Color, PC, and Nintendo 64, followed by a Dreamcast version a year later.

:arrow: Source
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
There's already a Steam version afaik, at least the game is on GOG anyways... but I think the best way to play this game is probably to emulate the Dreamcast version...

Unless you've played the N64 version using two controllers at once. It gets really complicated to control, but as fun as it could be.

Reactions: Stealphie and Idaho

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeaZWBrG__s