Star Wars - Dark Resurrection

Discussion in 'Books, Music, TV & Movies' started by XDel, Feb 28, 2013.

Feb 28, 2013

Star Wars - Dark Resurrection by XDel at 10:22 PM (332 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. XDel
    OP

Member XDel Author of the Alien Breed Odamex Projekt.

United States
    http://www.darkresurrection.com/portal/

I just finished downloading Vol 0 and I of this and have found English subtitles. It is an independent Italian film set in the Star Wars universe. The first two episodes are out there, and they are currently trying to raise money to shoot the final in the series.

I just started watching this, but thus far I am utterly impressed. I have seen a couple quality Star Wars fan films before but these really appear to stand out.

I am going to watch them through now, but I wanted to point them out before I got started and say that if anyone downloads them off Youtube or what ever, I can upload the Subtitles should you have trouble locating them.

And no, this is not piracy, tis a free fan made film. And apparently one that sets out to show Lucas how to do things right? Seems like it so far, will know for sure here in about two hours. ;)

2. Gahars

Member Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

United States
    Funny enough, "Dark Resurrection" is likely what most fans would call the upcoming reboot/relaunch/re-something.

3. XDel
    OP

United States
    I'm afraid, very afraid of the upcoming sequels, I've gone through too much of the Book and Comic canon to trust it, but I'm trying to remain hopeful.

4. XDel
    OP

United States
    Just finished vol 0 and 1, and I have to say that I am utterly impressed! So this is a fanfilm hugh? I forgot to notice.

This is not for action fans, this is for Star Wars fans who appreciate a good character driven sci-fi story with heavy elements of mysticism.

Mind you, the action sequences are not horrible by any means, but that is not what this film is about. Rather this film shines in so many other areas I could not begin to describe without spoiling some of the plot. To say the least, they took an artistic approach. It's different, but it's Star Wars!

There is plenty of sci-fi dialog, plenty of mystical wisdom (no midichlorians here), a VERY good story line, and one which I might add was obviously written by passionate fans of the expanded universe.

I can't say more, just watch it, freaking amazing!

5. BORTZ

Global Moderator BORTZ wtf, nintendo

United States
    I dont think we will be "lucky" enough for a reboot of the star wars franchise.