Star Wars Complete Bluray Collection

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know why but I'm really interested in this; I just want to see what they changed and how significant of an upgrade the visuals got. Plus it also gives me the excuse to try to watch ALL the movies in one day.

luke_c

Big Boss
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Pre-ordered the moment it came out on Amazon
tpi.gif

Just gotta sort out Amazon declining my card then they can actually post it
biggrin.gif

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Complete with some recent changes...

xWweh.gif

Oh what am I complaining about anyway, I know I'll be all like shut up and take my money (as soon as I have any money, at least).

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Epic purchase for the for the fans, but I'm not interested. Personally I don't want to rewatch the Starwars films, they just aged really bad IMHO and I've seen them all already. I don't want to view them again.

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
RockmanForte said:
Not interesting. I would save my money over this. It is just movie.
I'd understand if you just weren't interested but to label it "just a movie" is almost as if you're begging for attention. Star Wars is obviously an extremely popular series and this is a nice collection item for those that love it. It means a little more than just a movie to others, especially myself, since some seem to have grown up with it as personal favorites and may actually love the themes these movies carry.
#JustSaying

On topic, this is my excuse to buy a Blu-Ray player. Should I go with a PS3 or just some other popular branded device?

luke_c

Big Boss
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
It works out such a bargain at only about £10 per episode, then there's the three bonus disks with countless hours of extra content! Purchase of the year for me.
Still don't know why people moan about all the changes.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understand your curiousity, but please, don't.

Giving George Lucas any more money on these re-edits is just encouraging him to do more. I'm afraid the day may come when South Park's joke about "Lucas digitally inserting ewoks into Raiders of the Lost Ark" may come to pass.

If it does, I shall weep.

EDIT:

For those interested in watching the movies, by all means go for it. But do yourself a service and watch the original, uncut releases; the digital editing only distracts and detracts from the movies themselves.

The added scene with Jabba and Han Solo (fixing an old deleted scene), however, is the exception; definitely catch that online afterwards.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Gahars said:
The added scene with Jabba and Han Solo (fixing an old deleted scene), however, is the exception; definitely catch that online afterwards.
The one where Han steps on Jabba's tail? I think it's best to avoid that one.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's been a while, so I don't really remember that part.

Anyway, it still is worth seeing because it uses the CG to bring to life an old deleted scene from the movie. It isn't essential, and it doesn't add a whole lot to the movie, but it is cool to see that old footage.

It's on youtube, I'm sure; catch it there, and avoid the box set.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
The original scene had a human actor playing Jabba, and Han even calls him a "wonderful human being." In the theatrical remasters (and the DVD), the scene was "fixed" and readded, but there's a problem: in the original scene, Han is walking around human Jabba, too close to fit the CGI Jabba's tail later on. So they "solved" this problem by having Han walk over Jabba. As someone said: given the situation, and Jabba's power and reputation and temperament, it's the equivalent of coming to Don Corleone to ask for an extension on your debt deadline, and then kicking him in the nuts.

Original scene.

Remastered scene.

Also, the CGI Jabba looks horrible.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
If anyone has this, who shoots first this time?

Also, is it true that they inserted new footage into the end of Return of the Jedi? I saw a youtube vid claiming to be the new footage, in which the famous scene where...hold on, ancient spoiler alert.

Where Darth Vader betrays the Emperor and throws him off the balcony, he's usually silent. Apparantly now he screams out 'NO!' a few times as he sees Luke being frazzled. Like Lucas hasn't brutally raped this franchise enough.

Seriously, Lucas needs to fuck off and stop desecrating Star Wars. It needs to be put to rest. The movies are constantly rereleased and butchered. The merchandise has already earned him enough money to buy the moon to carve a superlaser design into it, and the games are getting consistantly worse. I draw your attention to Force Unleashed 2, which was shorter than its predecessor and yet pointlessly padded and repetitive at the same time.

BionicC

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Also, is it true that they inserted new footage into the end of Return of the Jedi? I saw a youtube vid claiming to be the new footage, in which the famous scene where...hold on, ancient spoiler alert.

Where Darth Vader betrays the Emperor and throws him off the balcony, he's usually silent. Apparantly now he screams out 'NO!' a few times as he sees Luke being frazzled. Like Lucas hasn't brutally raped this franchise enough.

Yep, Lucasfilm officially confirmed it after footage hit YouTube:

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/08/...rn-of-the-jedi/

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Veho said:
The original scene had a human actor playing Jabba, and Han even calls him a "wonderful human being." In the theatrical remasters (and the DVD), the scene was "fixed" and readded, but there's a problem: in the original scene, Han is walking around human Jabba, too close to fit the CGI Jabba's tail later on. So they "solved" this problem by having Han walk over Jabba. As someone said: given the situation, and Jabba's power and reputation and temperament, it's the equivalent of coming to Don Corleone to ask for an extension on your debt deadline, and then kicking him in the nuts.

Original scene.

Remastered scene.

Also, the CGI Jabba looks horrible.

I'm not saying the scene is great or well done (I hate the CGI alterations), just that it is worth checking out for the unused footage with Harrison Ford.

I would never call it canon, or say it's worth buying the dvds over, just an interesting scene to go on youtube and watch. That's it.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Blaze163 said:
Seriously?

Wow, massively bad move.
The silence adds more to the scene than any speech could.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning