Star Wars: Battlefront II will be free next week on the Epic Games Store

sw.png

Epic Games isn't stopping their trend of giving games away anytime soon, going by what they have on offer for next week. Star Wars: Battlefront II's Celebration Edition is set to be the latest giveaway game on Epic's launcher, starting later this month. EA and DICE's 2017 shooter has been under much controversy and criticism since even before launch, due to the game's lootbox mechanics, which were removed and later refined to not impact gameplay. You can grab the game when it becomes available for free on January 14th.

Currently, Crying Suns is the free game on tap from Epic--a tactical roguelite game that considers itself as "FTL meets Dune". It's normally priced at $24.99, and can be gotten for free until January 14th.

:arrow: Source

D

Deleted User

This version apparently offers the Single Player and Fake Multiplayer (sorta like CS with bots).

Time to make an EGS account, get the game, and not play it because I can't run it on my PC :yay:
You should have made one about two years ago. They've been giving away a ton of quality games.

GoldenBullet

That One Guy
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Time to make an EGS account, get the game, and not play it because I can't run it on my PC :yay:
The game is actually not that hard to run. I have a laptop with an low tier MX250 and the game runs fine at decent settings (medium 900p with antialiasing).
If only it were the good Battlefront II. :(
As someone who grew up with the og battlefront 2, this game can be very fun and challenging. The supremecy mode is a really good callback if thats the stuff you're looking for.

I feel like people forget that the p2w loot boxes were removed before the game fully released and was only in the game for a few days for EA access players

Last edited by GoldenBullet,

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You should have made one about two years ago. They've been giving away a ton of quality games.
Nah; don't support a barebones service that, last I heard, lacked something as simple as a shopping cart. And has a history of buying exclusivity, on a platform that reviles such practices.

GoldenBullet

That One Guy
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't see anywhere that it will have gimped features. Source?
Highly unlikely that they would put effort into locking off parts of the game as it is discontinued, I couldn't find anywhere saying so either. Might have gotten confused by the Celebration Edition branding
The Celebration Edition includes the base game plus all of the "paid" dlc cosmetics. The only cosmetics locked are pre order bonuses, challenges, or easter eggs. (Source: I own the celebration edition)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.