Star Wars Battlefront DS ESRB rated and revealed

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by granville, May 21, 2009.

May 21, 2009
  1. granville
    OP

Member granville GBAtemp Goat

United States
    I think there was a rumor about a Battlefront game for DS quite a while back. Now, the game is pretty much 100% confirmed now that ESRB has added the title to their list, rated it, and added info about it-

Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron
    Platform: Nintendo DS
    Rating: Everyone 10+
    Content descriptors: Fantasy Violence
    Rating summary: ” Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron is an action adventure game in which players experience different battles from the Star Wars universe. From a third-person perspective, players engage in space battles, ’speeder bike’ chases, and top-down battling. The ground battle includes constant laserfire combined with hand-to-hand combat using ‘lightsabers.’ A depleting health bar and various “yelps” indicate damage inflicted upon certain characters.”

So, could be an interesting game. I suspect it'll be unveiled at E3. Oh ESRB, you're such leakers you are!

http://gonintendo.com/?p=83258

2. Edgedancer

Member Edgedancer Director of Moon based operations

Australia
    The only Star Wars game I need is a new Rouge Squadron game.

3. Taellon

Member Taellon GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Did you play Lord of the Rings Conquest for DS? This will be similar, whether that's good or bad is up to you.

Evidence, "and top-down battling"
    Need I say more?

4. Trolly

Member Trolly GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    Yeah, this is likely to be a spin-off being made at the last minute as the console ones are made. Though rumours go Battlefront III may only end up on the PS2 :\.

5. imz

Member imz GBAtemp's vigilante

United Kingdom
    The gameplay was decent for about 10 minutes but there wasn't much depth to the game at all, it got so repetitive, it was literally taking guys around slashing/shooting/firing at etc. The graphics were okay but looked extremely grainy on certain characters and textures, the soundtrack was awesome though, but what do you expect it's LOTR! The campaign was extremely short too, I know the DS cartridge has limitations but I'm pretty sure the game could've been at least 3 times longer than it was. I'm not saying battlefront will be terrible, I'm just saying there is a lot of room for improvement