LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1338959633-startrek.jpg

I started a petition, trying to get the new Star Trek game being developed by Namco Bandai, ported to OnLive. I know that the general consensus is that online petitions are a waste of time but a few signatures wouldn't hurt. If anyone is interested, please sign.

http://www.change.org/petitions/namco-bandai-games-please-port-the-new-star-trek-game-currently-in-development-to-onlive

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anywho, petition aside, I'm really excited about this game! In my opinion, the last decent Trek game released was "Star Trek Legacy". at least from a "Enterprise" POV, it did a nice job of giving us a visual continuation of the story. That particular series as sadly short lived.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bet their response (if they do respond) might be that the time and effort spent on porting the game would be better spent on polishing up the main versions.

Or, in a nutshell, "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few."

Reactions: 1 person
D

Deleted_171835

I bet their response (if they do respond) might be that the time and effort spent on porting the game would be better spent on polishing up the main versions.

You don't need to port over a game on Onlive. They use PC games running on high-end computers streamed to the user.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You don't need to port over a game on Onlive. They use PC games running on high-end computers streamed to the user.

I don't really know a whole lot about OnLive and how easy or difficult it would be for a company to get their game set up with the surface.

If it is easy enough (and the developer can work out a good deal with OnLive), then I absolutely agree that not allowing a port would be most... illogical.

Reactions: 1 person

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anywho, petition aside, I'm really excited about this game! In my opinion, the last decent Trek game released was "Star Trek Legacy". at least from a "Enterprise" POV, it did a nice job of giving us a visual continuation of the story. That particular series as sadly short lived.

Star Trek Online isn't bad from a Star Trek standpoint. It's a bit standard when it comes to being a MMO, just very generically taskbar shit, but the universe is solid and ship combat is actually rather fun. I mean it definitely has potential, I really hope they make a sequel or something to really make it better.

The issue with anything related to Enterprise is that it wasn't exactly loved by the fans and there was some rather obnoxious holes when it comes to the universe. They it ended up jumping the shark with the whole "space Nazis" thing and I didn't find it as morally deep as other Star Trek series.

I don't know what to think on this Star Trek game. I enjoyed the recent Star Trek movie and thought it set up an interesting universe and strong cast but I don't know how it'll transition into an action game. The movie was actiony but it still had some nice sci-fi stuff in it and the balls to move away from any series of Star Trek by creating its own universe. On one hand this can capture that magic very well or it can end up being a very generic chest-high wall simulator with a Star Trek coat of paint on it.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Star Trek Online isn't bad from a Star Trek standpoint. It's a bit standard when it comes to being a MMO, just very generically taskbar shit, but the universe is solid and ship combat is actually rather fun. I mean it definitely has potential, I really hope they make a sequel or something to really make it better.

The issue with anything related to Enterprise is that it wasn't exactly loved by the fans and there was some rather obnoxious holes when it comes to the universe. They it ended up jumping the shark with the whole "space Nazis" thing and I didn't find it as morally deep as other Star Trek series.

I don't know what to think on this Star Trek game. I enjoyed the recent Star Trek movie and thought it set up an interesting universe and strong cast but I don't know how it'll transition into an action game. The movie was actiony but it still had some nice sci-fi stuff in it and the balls to move away from any series of Star Trek by creating its own universe. On one hand this can capture that magic very well or it can end up being a very generic chest-high wall simulator with a Star Trek coat of paint on it.

Have you checked out the post series novels for Enterprise? They're amazing. As for moral lessons, in Enterprise they were presented a bit differently. In older Treks they'e mostly on a per episode basis. IN nterprise they usually come with a culmination of events over a few episodes. I especially loved the moral dilemma Captain Archer had in season three when he saw how the Xindi conflict was changing him.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm telling on you