A new Star Trek teaser, you say?

mTo9U.gif

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I shall name my firstborn son Benedict Cumberbatch.

Also goddamn this looks like the fucking bomb. Less lens flare too.

EDIT: Also I'd cream myself if it was a young Kahn. Not sure if they'll wait until the franchise needs another reboot though to whip out the Kahn card.

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like every Star Trek before I will watch this one as well, on the subject of Khan I am not quite sure who you could find to replace Ricardo Montalban....

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
The prevailing theory at the moment is that Cumberbatch and Alice Eve are Gary Mitchell and Dr. Elizabeth Dehner from this episode of the original series.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The prevailing theory at the moment is that Cumberbatch and Alice Eve are Gary Mitchell and Dr. Elizabeth Dehner from this episode of the original series.

I see a lot of people thinking it's Khan though from the scene from the extended Japanese trailer. Also it would explain his incredible physical prowess and it is by far the most famous rivalry in the franchise.

But I have seen a lot to point towards Mitchell, there's one scene where he's wearing a Star Fleet uniform (you can see the insignia) and there was an eerie comparison image between Eve and Dehner.

Either way I think both choices will be excellent, I mean you're either invoking the franchise's greatest rivalry or invoking the franchise's first episode.

I'm officially more hyped for this 9 minute preview than the entirety of The Hobbit.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's a rather... peculiar screenshot. Seeing him in full Starfleet get-up lends more to the Mitchell theory.

Also what is it with movies an the "transparent prisons" trend? Like the Avengers had the prison for Loki, Skyfall had the prison for Silva, they just can't go with the good ol' bars? Or a force field?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYzI76fwaM0