Star Trek discussion!

Discussion in 'Books, Music, TV & Movies' started by Guild McCommunist, Dec 25, 2009.

Dec 25, 2009
  1. Guild McCommunist
    OP

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Being an avid Trekkie I found it was time to make a Star Trek thread!

If anyone was wondering, the timeline of the Star Trek series...

Enterprise->The Original Series->The Next Generation->Deep Space Nine->Voyager

So...

What did you guys think of the newest JJ Abrams movie? I loved it. It kept all the Star Trek elements together while making it appealing to non-Trekkies as well. Pure genius

What's your favorite series? I liked TNG. Voyager and TOS were pretty good too. Deep Space Nine was average. Enterprise after the first season was utter garbage.

What's your favorite movie? Probably Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan. Either that or TNG: Generations.

What's your favorite quote? KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!

Whose your favorite character? Definitely Worf. He's hilarious!

2. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    The new flic was pretty good. Certainly a lot better than I'd feared. I hope they do battle with some Klingons in the next one.

I was 9 when TNG first aired, and it was awesome. I didn't care for DS9 so much when it was first on, and I skipped the rest until recently on DVD. Having watched them again as an adult I think DS9 is the best (except that it had the worst last episode of any series ever), followed by TNG in second. TOS has some great episodes, but way too many shitty ones. I liked it a lot better as a kid. I tried giving Voyager a chance, but it didn't get good by the end of the third season so I gave up. I didn't watch Enterprise. Scott Bacula can go fuck himself.

1, 2 and 6 were my favorite movies by the original cast, and I think I liked 1 the best. I thought the TNG movies were pretty bad. I've never seen Nemesis, and I feel confident that I'm better off that way.

I'll have to think about the quote, but there's a good chance it will be from one of the Ferringi on DS9.

Garak was probably my favorite character overall, but the Grand Nagus was pretty awesome too.

3. ProtoKun7

Global Moderator ProtoKun7 GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 3

United Kingdom
    I made a very comprehensive Trek post here

Warning: Spoilers inside!

What did you guys think of the newest JJ Abrams movie? I loved it. It kept all the Star Trek elements together while making it appealing to non-Trekkies as well. I agree, so not much to change here.

What's your favorite series? I enjoyed TNG, DS9, VOY, TOS (although I've not seen all of them), and ENT was ok too (especially the mirror episodes).

What's your favorite movie? Maybe, Generations, First Contact, or XI

What's your favorite quote? Not sure

Whose your favorite character? I like Q, Data, Riker, Odo, Worf, Dax (Jadzia and Ezri), Bashir, O'Brien, Garak, Worf, Kes, The Doctor, Seven of Nine - Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix Zero One (the list could go on)

4. wrettcaughn

Member wrettcaughn Misunderstood Moral Elitist

United States
    What did you guys think of the newest JJ Abrams movie? It was a blast. saw it twice at the theater.

What's your favorite series? TNG FTW

What's your favorite movie? First Contact and Nemesis (pretty dark movies)

What's your favorite quote? "Actually, I .. I used to be quite a card player in my youth, you know." (almost the final line of TNG [​IMG])

Whose your favorite character? Data, Picard, and Q

5. ProtoKun7

United Kingdom
    Actually, the last line was "Five-card stud, nothing wild...and the sky's the limit." [​IMG]

6. wrettcaughn

Member wrettcaughn Misunderstood Moral Elitist

United States
    fixed [​IMG]

7. ProtoKun7

United Kingdom
    Favourite Enterprise? Enterprise-E

Favourite ship overall? At the moment, it's between the Enterprise-E, the Defiant (NX-74205) and the Prometheus-class Prometheus (not the Nebula-class Prometheus). Maybe the Defiant for it's pwning ability [​IMG]

8. outgum

Member outgum Pokemanz Master

New Zealand
    What's your favorite quote? "Live long and prosper" [​IMG]

9. Elritha

Member Elritha GBAtemp Addict

Canada
    What did you guys think of the newest JJ Abrams movie? It was one of the better star trek movies out of the ones I have seen.

What's your favorite series? I liked Deep Space 9. It was different and had a pretty cool story. You'd have to watch most episdoes to be able to follow the story arc. Voyager and TNG were pretty good also. Enterprise was okay.

What's your favorite movie? The newest Star Trek movie, Generations, or First Contact.

What's your favorite quote? "We are the Borg. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile."

Whose your favorite character? This is a tough one. I thought Quark was pretty funny. I also liked Miles O'Brien and Q.

10. Guild McCommunist
    OP

United States
    My favorite ship would probably have to Voyager, Enterprise D, or the Neruda (from the latest Star Trek). Voyager was cool because it looked different and it got lots of cool stuff (I mean, the series finale of Voyager, with that bitch-ass metal plating dude!). The Enterprise D was just classic; having it destroyed in Generation was a bad move. And the Neruda was cool as hell.

11. Veho

Global Moderator Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Croatia
    That would be the "Narada."

12. Guild McCommunist
    OP

United States
    Ah, thanks.

Now that I think about it, how the fuck did I confuse "Neruda" with "Narada". WTF is a Neruda anyway?

13. Veho

Global Moderator Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Croatia
    A poet.

14. Guild McCommunist
    OP

United States
    Oh.

Anyway, I found these:

They're absolutely hysterical and great voice syncing.

15. ProtoKun7

United Kingdom
    I usually prefer the Federation aesthetics; Klingon ships are far too gloomy, Romulan ships are quite...green. Galaxy-class ships do look good, though Sovereign-class grew on me a while back.

I do like Voyager though, including the variable-geometry warp nacelles [​IMG] I like the Prometheus for its multi-vector attack mode.

As for saucer separation, I loved watching those scenes; shame there were only 3 in the series and one in Generations.

Other ship classes, like Sovereign were apparently able although it was never shown.