Star ratings on MK

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by moozxy, Aug 9, 2007.

1. moozxy
    OP

moozxy hamboning

Jul 22, 2007
    What are the conditions on getting the star (ormore) rating on the grand prix?

i cant seem to get it on some cups even though i get 1st in all the races..

2. moozxy
    OP

moozxy hamboning

Jul 22, 2007
    does.. no.. one.. knoowww?

no.. i..

i think.. your all ignoring... the noob

3. Sick Wario

Sick Wario Club Nintendo

Jul 24, 2006
    NNID: godrugal
  4. coops024

coops024 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 17, 2006
    Southampton UK
    There has never been any set rules as to how you get the 3 stars on MKDS (that I've seen ?)

But having done it myself It seems to be done on Time ... When doing all the missions I had to do them in under a certain time or I wouldnt get the 3 star rank ... so I can only guess that its the same with the GP !

Tips ? well Snaking is the obvoius one, lots of persistence and even if you think that youve not done it quick enough, keep going (I have been surprised sometimes that I got 3 stars but thought I wasnt as quick as I could have been)

Hope this helps

5. HBK

HBK Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)

Mar 30, 2007
    Portugal
    To get a 3 star rank, you need to get 3 stars in ALL GP's (including mirror).

6. Dirtie

Dirtie :'D

Former Staff
    Sep 9, 2003
    New Zealand
    Zealer
    A related question: anyone got any tips for getting a 3-star rank on mission 6-2? (the one where you have to get stars and drive over those manhole mole things)

If I get that one I'll have a 3-star rank for all of level 6, then there's just level 7 to do (currently on 1-star on that one).

7. Scumisen

Scumisen Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 6, 2007
    Dont you need to get 3 star on all missions to? I dont remember but I got 3 star at everything and I´m 3-star rank.

8. moozxy
    OP

moozxy hamboning

Jul 22, 2007
    well to sick wario 1) i'd rather do it myself and 2) I can do it by cheating using the action replay in the R4. Thanks anyway.

and i thought to get a star by your name you only needed the stars in the gp?

9. wabo

wabo GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 14, 2003
    Canada
    Canada
    You only need the stars in GP indeed. Mission stars have no relation to the stars over your name. I do have 3 stars in all GPs, and 3 stars beside my name but i don't have 3 stars in all missions.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice