Star Ocean : Till the end of time coming to ps4

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by lcie nimbus, Feb 22, 2017.

1. lcie nimbus
    OP

lcie nimbus 100th degree asskicker

Dec 25, 2015
    Canada
    Alberta , Canada
    During their Star Ocean: Anamnesis live stream, Square Enix unveiled that Star Ocean : till the end of time Directors Cut was coming to ps4 as an HD port...digital only.

[​IMG]
    this is an Ps2/Ps4 comparison

upload_2017-2-22_9-16-36.png

upload_2017-2-22_9-16-51.png

upload_2017-2-22_9-17-1.png

The game will have Trophy support, Share functions, and Remote Play. there has been no word on either pricing or a release date yet.

Source : http://www.siliconera.com/2017/02/2...rectors-cut-announced-hd-title-playstation-4/

Last edited by lcie nimbus, Feb 22, 2017
  2. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Guru

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    So is this listed as playstation 2 classic or playstation 4 remaster? God i remember this game beinig hard, fighting hard as hell enemies at the beginning of game, i wish enix would stop making games with some bad difficulty spikes, forcing long grinding levels, like dragon quest. :nayps3::hateit:

lcie nimbus likes this.
  3. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    Eh, I can get the same results on PCSX2 (runs full speed as well) lol :P

4. Sonic Angel Knight

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    That was my point, if they are making it labeled as ps2 classic or is it a ps4 game? Cause i can't see this being much different from the description. All ps2 games on ps4 has remoteplay, game share, and trophies. I have rogue galaxy, and i can do that stuff. Is not remaster, is just a ps2 game emulated on ps4.

If it was a game port like making use of the enhanced hardware then it would be big difference.

5. BORTZ

BORTZ "Another stunning Van Gogh"

Supervisor
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    I had a friend who played this one. He hated it. I always wanted to play it. But I don't know, maybe it will be fine. It has to be better than V right?

6. Sonic Angel Knight

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Well if you like RPG games with bad story, characters and hard as Duke nukem's balls of steel then sure go ahead and play. :creep:

Just think of it as harder than dragon quest games. I think that is about right since enix did make both the series, so i think they are about the same, just play different.

lcie nimbus likes this.
  7. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    no switch or steam release? fuck off than SE :creep:

the_randomizer likes this.
  8. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    It's not that bad. Still better than the PS1 version of Star Ocean 2 (PSP port is superior, the voice acting and translation in The Second Story is really bad) XD

They should port it to Steam.

9. lcie nimbus
    OP

lcie nimbus 100th degree asskicker

Dec 25, 2015
    Canada
    Alberta , Canada
    it's an HD port as far as I know.

10. Apex

Apex GBAtemp Fan

Sep 4, 2006
    èŒšćŸŽçœŒ
    YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS FINALLY. I love this game.

Level grinding? What game were you play? This game is pretty easy if you understand how to play it.

11. ChaosBoi

ChaosBoi Ushiromiya Battler

Feb 19, 2007
    United States
    California
    I don't quite understand why so many people hate 5 so much. Other than the story and areas where there were obvious budget cuts (well, the story has never been a strong point of the series anyway), I felt the game did right in every other category compared to past entries. Roles allowed for better party AI, seamless battles, and game just being faster paced overall. My only complaints with the game really are the poor camera and unskippable cutscenes. IMO, The Last Hope deserves the title of being the worst in the series.

Concerning Till the End of Time though, the general opinion among fans is that it's a really good game, but the plot twist ruins the game and the entire series. Maybe that's why your friend hated it? I'll admit I was kind of mad about it at first, but the game does sort of return to status quo in the end so all is kind of well.