Star Ocean coming to North American Shores! (PSP)

Kuya

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
As some of you may recall, Square Enix recently announced their gaming line-up for next week's E3 event. The PSP segment of their list indicated that Star Ocean: First Departure and Star Ocean: Second Evolution have been confirmed for a U.S. release. That aside, the listing did not say when these games would be arriving, which brings us to this update.

North America's official Star Ocean has added both PSP games to its categories, along with their official launch dates. Expect First Departure to arrive by this October 21, with Second Evolution to arrive by this January 6, 2009.

As a recap, First Departure is an enhanced version of the original Star Ocean game developed for the Super Famicom platform. The PSP port will feature 3D battlefields, new playable characters, animated cutscenes by Production I.G., and fully voiced dialogue. It was originally released in Japan on December 27, 2007.

Second Evolution is an enhanced version of the The Second Story originally for the PlayStation platform. Much like First Departure, it will feature new playable characters, fully voiced dialogue, and new character art. It was originally released in Japan back in April 3 of this year. That's all the details we've got for the moment - drop by again in case we run into any further updates.

Source: Star Ocean translated for PSP

XeonZ

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Awesome, my PSP could use some more love.
yaypsp.gif

Kuya

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You know, I actually wasnt expecting the translation at all. Star Ocean has usually been a JP only thing... Im surprised they decided to translate those two games. Really excited, though.

Maverick_z

When did i join again??
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Kuya said:
You know, I actually wasnt expecting the translation at all. Star Ocean has usually been a JP only thing... Im surprised they decided to translate those two games. Really excited, though.

considering what there's Star Ocean 2: The Second Story, then Star Ocean: Till the End of time already out in the US, and the upcoming Star Ocean 4, c'mon you had to know that sooner or later it was gonna happen

and now with the port of Star Ocean 1 & 2 on the PSP....you get what im saying

SylvWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, it's great to know some release dates. The original always seemed to be problematic on an emulator for me (music, etc.) and now I won't have to use the EBOOT for the second one. Thanks for the news!

P.S. So many great RPGs coming out this year, DS and PSP. Good year for RPG lovers
yaypsp.gif
yaynds.gif

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's kind of disappointing that the 2nd one doesn't come out on the same day as the first one though (I heard somewhere that it was going to be a 2 in 1 pack) but as long as we know that they're making it over and they're coming soon, it's all fine with me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/