Star Ocean: Blue Sphere (For Gameboy Color) English translation has been released!

titlescreen.jpg

A user only known only as "user123123" on romhacking.net has just released a full English translation for the Japanese-only released Gameboy Color game Star Ocean: Blue Sphere on January 15th, 2020.

UPDATE: The translation was taken down from romhacking.net without notice or reason, so I uploaded it to my file hosts:

Google Drive: HERE
MEGA: HERE
Torrent: HERE and HERE
The 7-zip password is: romhacking.net

Lunar IPS ROM patcher: HERE

Note: The ROM you'll need for the patch is named Star Ocean - Blue Sphere (J) [C][!].gbc and will obviously NOT be linked to here.

Last edited by Jayro,

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, the one who made the translation (allegedly) has gotten kinda bitter it was leaked, which I get, it sucks when it happens. But let's face it, what's done is done, and can;t be undone, but can't people be a little more levelheaded about it and not make a federal case out of it? And if he has been selling repo carts with the translation, well, I don't know what to tell ya buddy. :rolleyes:

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The dude translated the game which is a good thing.

He then sells pirated copies of the game with the translation. Not so good.

He then gets pissed off someone stole his work. Thats fucking hilarious. A pirate getting pissed off at the fact he got pirated :rofl2:

Reactions: Uiaad
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Star Ocean is one of my favorite RPG series. I didn't know this game even existed! Thanks for bringing it to my attention. I'll probably add this translation to my Fiancé's SNES classic and get that dusted off again lol. Anyone played it yet? How does it compare to say the SNES version or the PSP remakes?

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Star Ocean is one of my favorite RPG series. I didn't know this game even existed! Thanks for bringing it to my attention. I'll probably add this translation to my Fiancé's SNES classic and get that dusted off again lol. Anyone played it yet? How does it compare to say the SNES version or the PSP remakes?
Yep its pretty good considering its a gbc game. I have finished the game a good few times in Japanese and the story is a direct sequel to the Second story. Its set two years after second story.

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
Yeah, the one who made the translation (allegedly) has gotten kinda bitter it was leaked, which I get, it sucks when it happens. But let's face it, what's done is done, and can;t be undone, but can't people be a little more levelheaded about it and not make a federal case out of it? And if he has been selling repo carts with the translation, well, I don't know what to tell ya buddy. :rolleyes:
he didn't got bitter only because it was leaked, he is mad because that translation is incomplete and buggy.
he doesn't want an unfinished product floating around with his name attached to it, which is very understandable.
but this unfinished patch is all we have, so is still better than nothing.

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
he didn't got bitter only because it was leaked, he is mad because that translation is incomplete and buggy.
he doesn't want an unfinished product floating around with his name attached to it, which is very understandable.
but this unfinished patch is all we have, so is still better than nothing.
He has been selling reproduction versions of of the game online with the patch lol yep he is really concerned about people playing the unfinished patch :rofl2:

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
He has been selling reproduction versions of of the game online with the patch lol yep he is really concerned about people playing the unfinished patch :rofl2:
we don't know if mz did that or not.
all we know is that fishyface commissioned someone for the translation.
was it mz who sold the translation? did someone that mz shared the translation with to test it sold it?
we don't know the details, so don't go pointing fingers.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Deleted User

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I woke up to Google's "DMCA takedown" robo-email bullshit for the raw .ips file, so I 7-zipped it together with a 1MB dummy file, and passworded the 7-zip file before reuploading it to Google Drive, MEGA, and a Torrent. Hopefully the links will stay working now. :yaysp:

Reactions: whateverg1012
D

Deleted User

I'm hoping to play this as it was meant to be played: on a gameboy advance. I found mine, and it's really dark and difficult to see what's going on in the game. I'm thinking I might need to replace system. is there a "best" gba to get?

Gba SP brighter

Reactions: godreborn

qaz015393

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
man it was only a matter of time until the game was leaked. I bought my repo copy from fishyface back when they first released it. I only played it after the intro for a few seconds lol becasue i didnt want to start another game before i finish 1 i already started and didnt finish lol. fishyface does great work and glad they released te complete game. sucks someone leaked it and now cheap repos are being made (i see the person who's selling it and others repos- mostly they do lots of pokemon games to make money and sell a number of hacks. i played all of them and know that the ones being sold aren't complete). I'm glad I bought the game from fishyface last year and can enjoy the quality work not only put into the game and love the quality job they did making the box, manual and for also having clear blue and dark blue cartridges ( i chose the dark blue one one).

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
man it was only a matter of time until the game was leaked. I bought my repo copy from fishyface back when they first released it. I only played it after the intro for a few seconds lol becasue i didnt want to start another game before i finish 1 i already started and didnt finish lol. fishyface does great work and glad they released te complete game. sucks someone leaked it and now cheap repos are being made (i see the person who's selling it and others repos- mostly they do lots of pokemon games to make money and sell a number of hacks. i played all of them and know that the ones being sold aren't complete). I'm glad I bought the game from fishyface last year and can enjoy the quality work not only put into the game and love the quality job they did making the box, manual and for also having clear blue and dark blue cartridges ( i chose the dark blue one one).

I looked on their website "fishyface," and I could not find any way to buy a new one, so I had to settle for ebay. sealed copies run for hundreds of dollars.

qaz015393

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I looked on their website "fishyface," and I could not find any way to buy a new one, so I had to settle for ebay. sealed copies run for hundreds of dollars.
It was a limited release and they only made a certain number of copies last year. I know some sealed ones go for a lot but I didn't care. I bought 1 and didn't get 2 because I knew it has a battery and didn't want to ruin the game keeping it sealed. I know some people do but I actually want to play it.

Last edited by qaz015393,
Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was a limited release and they only made a certain number of copies last year. I know some sealed ones go for a lot but I didn't care. I bought 1 and didn't get 2 because I knew it has a battery and didn't want to ruin the game keeping it sealed. I know some people do but I actually want to play it.

that's the dilemma. like you, I want to play the game. I actually bought a refurbished gba sp, since the backlight seems not to work anymore on my original gba. anyway, when they go for those ludicrous prices (or at least what they're asking with no bites), you feel bad opening the game. I didn't want to buy one of these super expensive games. I want the instruction manual mostly, but that would mean opening the package. it's a difficult decision.

Reactions: Jayro

qaz015393

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's the dilemma. like you, I want to play the game. I actually bought a refurbished gba sp, since the backlight seems not to work anymore on my original gba. anyway, when they go for those ludicrous prices (or at least what they're asking with no bites), you feel bad opening the game. I didn't want to buy one of these super expensive games. I want the instruction manual mostly, but that would mean opening the package. it's a difficult decision.
Yeah I got ya. I'm going to play my game on my backlight gbc. Maybe you can ask one of the people who do repos or who owns a fishface copy to make you a manual.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Crowbar?