1. qaz015393

qaz015393 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    What? damn just fully read about it now. Yeah, I'm one who bought a cart from fishy back when it was for sale. never got around to play it since i have a big backlog and was going to play it when i finished bloodstain RotN. so totally unfair and shitty move to do. now i do get some people making repos for collecting and to put it in a collection to display but i hate when they do it for games/ hacks etc that arent complete. like that RetroGamersUS who is doing beta's of pokemon hacks. but those creators/ teams worked hard to make those rom hacks and even mention in the begging its free and if you payed for it you got scammed/screwed.

I think FishyFace should have said that it was buggy instead of making it get to this point where it had to get leaked/stolen in order for everyone to know they lied and the game has issues/bugs.
    Hopefully their carts are reflashable and one day we can get a working full game. Especially for all of us who bought from them to reflash our carts and really own a true version we were promised..

2. dazindude

dazindude Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I played the translation that was released it's only buggy on emulators I beat it on my everdrive and ran into 0 crashes glitches or bad grammar it's a complete translation down to the bestiary the only thing that's not is the connection mode.

qaz015393 likes this.
  3. qaz015393

qaz015393 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Oh nice gotcha. So I should be fine playing my cart and also using GameShark (maybe- would like to use some codes and not break the game/save etc but at least with my cart dumper I can replace the save and it should be all good). I also have an everdrive that I was going to play on.

4. Russoperez

Russoperez Newbie
    Newcomer

Colombia
    Of course

5. Dodain47

OP Dodain47 GBAtemp Psycho!

Austria
    There is a update to the french Star Ocean Blue Sphere translation patch on romhacking.net.
    http://www.romhacking.net/translations/5404/
    This patch fix the crash of Simon event on Banuse City. Fix the teleporter crash after return from Extroquia. Fix items descriptions and missing line breaks.

zfreeman likes this.
  6. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight
    Former Staff

France
    it's an old thread but it'll always benefit from it :

I didn't test it, but I found an ips patch on archive.org, I hope it's not v0.1
    Star Ocean Blue Sphere [Eng_Patch], posted on 2020 01 18
    https://archive.org/details/staroceanenglish

there's also a prepatched english ROM on reddit, but I can't link it here.

I attached the EN IPS from archive dot org for posterity, just in case.

Attached Files:

Last edited by Cyan, Aug 14, 2020
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - translation, english, release