Hacking Star Ocean 5 - implement english translation from the PS4 version?

moonblood666

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I`m just curious: Is there anyone who already attempted to implement the english translation from the PS4 version into the japanese PS3 version? I have the japanese version, but with my limited japanese skills it`s not really smooth playing (and i have no PS4^^).

happydance

Trophies
XP
Country
I thank I've read somewhere it uses some modified encryption/compression used by star ocean 3 which was also a pain to extract.

and.. there are no public way of decrypting the PS4 pkg's on the ps4 disc, and like the vita files inside the pkg is also encrypted...the only game that was relapsed and fully decrypted on the ps4 was a fifa game

the game will be out next year in the US, so we just need to be a little patient :)

moonblood666

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I see... Well, then i guess i shouldn`t ask the same question about Tales of Berseria when it comes out in english next year.
Damn those publishers that don`t release the PS3 versions of their games in the west.

SSShowmik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Also I've heard the ps3 version of the game comes with English Audio. So wouldn't it be possible to work on this game. It shows a lot of promise.

SSShowmik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
If someone can unpack the language files and translate those and put them back in wouldnt that be possible? Star ocean may not have a pc version neither does natsuiro and onechanbara.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.