Gaming Star Fox Zero should be the next game to get the Deluxe treatment

• Thread starter Saiyan Lusitano
  • Start date
  • Views 2,267
  • Replies 25
S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
Star Fox Zero at heart could have been a joyous and fantastic game but the controls turned it into a homework of how to figure out the controls and which screen to look at (or both). That's just no fun. :( On the Switch we could get a traditional Star Fox experience or proper motion control experience with the amazing Joy-Con controllers so it'd be a win-win.

Platinum Games isn't the type to force gimmicky controls like those on their games (unless you count QTE which has become part of their games) so that was obviously forced down their throats by Nintendo as they're known for gimmicks and what have you (at least they've nailed it with the Joy-Cons).

P.S. I hope we never get a 'Star Fox Assault 2' because that was boring as all hell (the ground shooting became very repetitive and dull), the only fun part was the initial stage (where you were able to shoot anything down with your Arwing).

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
i prefer games that had dlc actualy have a deluxe version, like smash bros switch with all dlc combined, starfox zero doesnt have anything notoriously good about it imo.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Meh, I hope they don't do too many Deluxe rereleases. MK8, Super Smash, Mario Maker, and maybe Pokken Tournament would be the extent that I'd like to see of these Deluxe rereleases. If they want to do Star Fox, I'd like to see a brand new Star Fox game, Zero was OK, but not so great that I have to play it on the Switch with a better control scheme. Just create a new game with the already developed assets like what we're seeing with Splatoon 2, and Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

Reactions: souler92

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Meh, I hope they don't do too many Deluxe rereleases. MK8, Super Smash, Mario Maker, and maybe Pokken Tournament would be the extent that I'd like to see of these Deluxe rereleases. If they want to do Star Fox, I'd like to see a brand new Star Fox game, Zero was OK, but not so great that I have to play it on the Switch with a better control scheme. Just create a new game with the already developed assets like what we're seeing with Splatoon 2, and Xenoblade Chronicles 2.
yeah for me deluxe editions should be just games that had dlc so we can get dlc on cartrige imo.

best contenders are smash pokken and i guess mario maker, also if nintendo was a good company they could include the first splatoon on cartrige with splatton 2 like a freebie xD.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah for me deluxe editions should be just games that had dlc so we can get dlc on cartrige imo.

best contenders are smash pokken and i guess mario maker, also if nintendo was a good company they could include the first splatoon on cartrige with splatton 2 like a freebie xD.

Well I don't see it like that necessarily. If MK8 never had DLC, I'd still like to see a Deluxe release like we're getting with new racers, karts, tracks, and the battle mode. I don't believe Pokken Tournament has DLC, but I see no reason that they couldn't take a game like that and add more fighters, assist fighters, and battle stages. Really, I just want deluxe versions of great games that we all would love to see more content for regardless of if it had DLC released for it the first time around or not.

Proust

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
It shouldn't and nor should any other game receive a deluxe treatment or port from Wii U. We should get new content and not the same of what already has been released once.

souler92

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
no stop remakes/deluxes.

get me a good NEW starfox game ! and dont gimmick it out with super transformable arwings.

i never played sf zero, because i dont have wii u . but when i saw that walking arwing i thought mehh, but maybe if i ever get to play it its would be okay.

OH and offtopice, an great metroid prime needs to come!

Reactions: Kioku

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It shouldn't and nor should any other game receive a deluxe treatment or port from Wii U. We should get new content and not the same of what already has been released once.

Don't agree with the full sentiment at all. Just as an example, Super Smash for the Wii U is nearly perfect, why in the hell would I want them to develop a new Smash game from the ground up, spending countless hours redeveloping their 50+ characters as well as creating brand new characters as well as the many stages they'd remake as well as the new ones they'd make as well. Beyond that, these Wii U games didn't get a huge audience despite being fantastic titles, some of them really do need another release on a more popular system so that they can reach the larger audience that they deserved to reach.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
There wouldn't be any point to Mario Maker, Pokken or such. There is however a good reason for MK8, Smash (hopefully) and this if they ever plan to.

Most of the good WiiU games can be just VC titles as they're perfectly fine and Nintendo didn't screw them up.

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There wouldn't be any point to Mario Maker, Pokken or such. There is however a good reason for MK8, Smash (hopefully) and this if they ever plan to.

Most of the good WiiU games can be just VC titles as they're perfectly fine and Nintendo didn't screw them up.
Pokken deluxe would be great, if it includes all the arcade only characters. And new stages of course.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
Pokken deluxe would be great, if it includes all the arcade only characters. And new stages of course.
Well, that could be served as DLC.

Star Fox Zero with new controls and everything would give it a reason to have a new game release over being merely just a digital VC release.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

mario maker with all updates and even more stuff would be great, also pokken could get all arcade exclusive fighters that werent released on wiiu and that would be great imo.

smash with all DLC needs to happen cmon nintendo make it happen and maybe had all cutted characters from ssbb return wolf,ice climbers atleast, i know snake has a very poor chance since no kojima there anymore.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Uhhhhhhhhhhh... What?

Super Mario Maker was a huge success and even received a port to the 3DS, why in the world wouldn't it receive a Switch port (and perhaps finally with those damn slopes!!). Meanwhile, Pokken in the arcades has received a few extra fighters and stages, but the Wii U version remains unupdated, plus since it came out for the Wii U as it was dying it didn't sell well, it could absolutely benefit from some new life on the Switch. There is absolutely some point in rereleasing those games for the Switch. I will say that Pokken is probably the least likely to occur, but it still has merit (more merit than Star Fox Zero frankly).

Last edited by duffmmann,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night