ROM Hack star fox 64 3D- is it possible to take n64 SFX and voices and replace this games?

Tac 21

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
one thing I seem to see about 3DS version is the missing original voices

can this be changed at all? or is it a pipe dream?

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could check. Extract the rom, and see what file format the voices are in. If it's a file format that you can encode a wave or mp3 into, you could theoretically do it.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As of now, yes you can!

https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/8dp742/star_fox_64_3d_voice_acting_restoration_mod/

Can someone confirm that Falco says, "Hey Einstein, I'm on your side." instead of genius. That was worse dumbing down of the remake.

Edit - Hey mods, let me know if this is okay to post. The voice clips are ripped from the original N64 version. This may fall under copyright. If that's the case, just remove my link.

Edit2 -Yes! Einstein put back in.
Check at 6 min, 8 sec mark.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

Tac 21

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
very nice! was just going to post this... now it feels like 3DS is complete!

I thought "genius" made more sense since Einstein never existed in the lylat universe.

some changes are weird in the new one but the new lines still made it a worthy play through

but hot damn this is worth even more play throughs! actually this hack makes me appreciate the voice acting in BOTH games especially with all the paths your can take.

I would love to see a 3DS sequel of this game using this engine.

Last edited by Tac 21,
Reactions: tomman321

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
I was generally ok with the VA for SF643D until I got to Andross. If there's one voice sample to replace, it's his menacing laugh. Seriously, it's like the new sample was recorded with no context, and no one even checked if it fit. Extreme laziness on the part of the recording team.

Here's a comparison.

Last edited by DiscostewSM,
Reactions: DarthDub

DarthDub

Amateur Hacker
Trophies
Website
www.gaiaonline.com
XP
Country
United States
I was generally ok with the VA for SF643D until I got to Andross. If there's one voice sample to replace, it's his menacing laugh. Seriously, it's like the new sample was recorded with no context, and no one even checked if it fit. Extreme laziness on the part of the recording team.

Here's a comparison.

Reminds me of Xenoblade Chronicles 2's atrocious lip syncing for the English Dub. Good to know we can mod the game to make it better.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning