Star Citizen unveils the Legatus Pack that costs $27,000

starcit.PNG

In 2012, Star Citizen, a mere concept of an MMO spiritual successor to the Wing Commander series, was shown to the world for the first time during a Kickstarter campaign. It would later go on to become the most successful crowd funded project ever, raising more than 150 million dollars to date. With no scheduled release date in sight, Cloud Imperium Games, the company behind the project, has decided to unveil one of the most expensive DLC packs to ever exist in a game. For a mere $27,000 you'll be able to access the Legatus Pack, which includes nearly every ship in the game, (117 to be exact) along with tons of ship upgrades and skins (163 items). Of course, you can only see a list of the items, as it is right now. If you want to get a more in-depth description of the Legatus Pack, you'll have to spend at minimum $1,000 on Star Citizen, a game of which is still in alpha, and isn't anywhere close to having a release date yet. In the unlikely event that you did spend that amount, you can click the link to the official site to see it. Otherwise, the source link includes a minimal list of the items you get in the pack. Star Citizen is set to launch for Windows and Linux eventually.

:arrow: Source

doughmay

Huh. Time went by fast.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a package for the early access rn. Long story short. Theres not much to do. Fly your ship kill a few guys. Land on a planet. Take screenshots. Thats about it as far as a novice is concerned

Reactions: ov3rkill

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The real scam is in the 1000 dollar for the description. The actual amount sounds like a joke to me. Or a publicity stunt (similar to that one million dollar saints row four game). But no matter how detailed or privileged these ships are, at least you're getting SOMETHING. That thousand bucks for the description is something that might not even be legal to monetise.

Reactions: Ryccardo

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not really that shocking if i remember correctly some game had a special edition with only 1 available for 1million
Yes, there was an edition of Saint's Row 4 that was like that... but that's because it also came with a fucking Lamborghini, lessons to drive said lamborghini, and a Toyota Prius for when a dumb-ass who buys said edition inevitably wrecks said Lambo.

All told, there was a million dollars' worth of actual goods and services included with that sticker price.

Reactions: DarthDub

MrLucariox

Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
With that money, I'd rather buying a lot of Switches and building a house with them.
And the best part of it is: Getting banned for hacking is almost impossible! Btw you will get the "real" gaming house lol

Archadae

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
You guys are so funny. It obviously is a marketing stunt, so that SC can remind people it exists on sites like this.

That being said even if it was given out for free what would be the sense of buying it?
If you get everything what other stuff is there to get? Its like playing on "unlock all" cheats.
It kills progression and joy from the game.

You know what I'd do? Make a paint job that costs like a 1000$ or so and then, once a year put it on 99,9% sale.
That'd be funny.

Silverthorn

Spiky!
Trophies
XP
Country
France
At this point I see this whole thing more as a social experiment on how much you can get people to cash out on the mere promise of a product.
I'm not going anywhere near this but I'll keep on watching from a safe distance.

VitaType

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I am pretty sure even EA is like, "Wow, slowdown Hitler!"
Hitler sold DLC? For what? A gas mask DLC for the free-to-play shower train rides? I hate pay-to-win (Man, I have a shockingly crude humour today... Maybe I should get some sleep :mellow: ... I will press this "Post Reply"-button anyway and then reflect whats gone wrong with me)

Last edited by VitaType,

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
With that money, I'd rather buying a lot of Switches and building a house with them.
And the best part of it is: Getting banned for hacking is almost impossible! Btw you will get the "real" gaming house lol
Pirate logic:

*buys enough consoles to build an actual house*
*proceeds on hacking them all because no money to buy games*

Oh, and...
*insert pun about bricking and house bricks*
;)

Reactions: VitaType

VitaType

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Pirate logic:

Oh, and...
;)
Don't forget
*downloads the whole game library for every console right from the servers of the console manufacturers onto HDDs/SD cards
Choose either
*Plays every game only 5 minutes and then switches to the next
or
*Only plays (S)NES ROMs on these consoles

MrLucariox

Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Pirate logic:

Oh, and...
;)
Got the pun dude ;)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Aaand this has another function: It transforms into a real house when it's "bricked"

Reactions: Taleweaver

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: :whip: