Staples: June 15, 2008

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
June 15, 2008
*So, It's about 15 minutes to closing time, and I'm running around collection a bunch of furniture for a guy (a desk, 5 chairs, a file cart, a file cabinet). A man comes up to me and presents me with a Zebra G-301 gel pen.
Man: Do you have refills for these?
Me: For the gel? No. Only the ballpoint.
Man: You don't have the refill for these?
Me: No.
Man: Do you carry the pens?
Me: No, we don't carry the gels anymore.
Man: You're SURE?
Me: Yes.
Man: Well, I need a pen, where are your pens.
Me: Front half of aisle 4, left side.
*The man slouches off into the pen aisle. About 10 minutes later he comes back up to me and shoves some package into my face?
Man: What are these then?
Me: I don't know, it's too close to see.
Man: Now I don't know how long you've worked here, but I don't appreciate being lied to. You do carry the refills.
Me: No, we don't.
Man: Then what are these?
*I look at the package.
Me: A generic gel refill that may or may not fit your pen and I won't know unless I open your pen and try it out.
Man: I know this isn't a big purchase but I don't appreciate your attitude towards me.
Me: Then I apologize sir.
Man: You can do whatever you want but...blah blah blah something something
*I don't know how his sentence ended as I walked off to continue collecting the furniture. I'm told he then stomped up to the front, screamed at the cashier about me and how she was being slow or something. Then the manager came up and kicked him out.

Now, I don't know. That refill may or may not have fit his pen. But when you come in right before closing and I'm busy collecting items for a $1000+ purchase, and you need help with your pen refill, I don't have time to be opening packages to see if the generic refills are going to work or not in your two dollar pen. All I knew off the top of my head is that we did not have the refills designed especially for that pen.

PBC

What!? I can change this??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I actually pride myself on not asking for help in stores. Its like asking for directions on a road trip. Its and NO NO! I try to find what I need on my own and only in a last ditch effort do I ask someone for help. And even if they did give me the wrong information I wouldn't go back up to them and accuse them of lieing to me. People are self-absorbed Pen15s.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you pee in the water