OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I have bought a wii last week and i am bothered how the light is always on even in standby mode. i feel that i am using electricity even when it's supposedly off. And if i turn off the standby connection, then the internet on the wii for the weather and news doesn't work
frown.gif
. So am i using money from electricity even if the wii isn't in use? and can someone explain what the hell wii connect 24 actually is?

P.S. ( I know there is another thread on the power consumption but...)

Thanks - MaDDaWg

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
If it makes you feel better, the Wii is amazingly power-efficient. You don't have to worry about it raising your power bill.

And I'm prety sure you can access the Internet when you disable the standby connection. The thing is, the weather and news channels update all the time in standby mode, so when you try viewing a channel, it has to connect to the Internet and get fresh news and weather info.

MaDDaWg836

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
well i have turned off standby connection and tried to use both of them and i get the same error: WiiConnect24 is off - please turn on to continue. and even if i turn it on again the only way to get those 2 to work again is to delete the wireless profile and recreate it. I think this is a bug =\

arthurkok2

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hello,

I have bought a wii last week and i am bothered how the light is always on even in standby mode. i feel that i am using electricity even when it's supposedly off. And if i turn off the standby connection, then the internet on the wii for the weather and news doesn't work
frown.gif
. So am i using money from electricity even if the wii isn't in use? and can someone explain what the hell wii connect 24 actually is?

P.S. ( I know there is another thread on the power consumption but...)

Thanks - MaDDaWg

let me do a calculation for you if u are concerned about the electricity wasted. money wise.

wii in standby mode uses an average of 10W

so...

10W / 1000W/kW = 0.010 kW x 24h/day = 0.240 kWh/day x $0.06/kWh = $0.0144/day * 365day/year = $5.256/year (Canadian dollars)

so don't eat at mcdonalds once and ull save enough to run your wii on standby for a year!

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia

lexus-8

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i was worried about the same problem!

BUT you can turn wii connect 24 OFF by holding down the power button until it goes RED. and when you turn your wii back on the weather and news channel WORK and do not ask you to turn wii connect 24 on.

what i do is leave connect 24 on in the day and then at night i turn my wii back on and to turn it off hold down the button for like 10 second.

PLEASE respond if this helps

MaDDaWg836

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
holding the power button didnt work for me on the wiimote, but when i tried holding the button for 5 seconds on the system itself, it worked!

i really wish nintendo would fix the bug where u turn off standby connection and the news + internet stop working =\

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: both of which work well in potplayer