Homebrew Standalone Sensor Bar Homebrew?

Wolfenpilot687

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm looking for a homebrew application that practically just turns on the sensor bar and turns off any Wii Remote input.
I'd like to make use of the Sensor Bar with GlovePIE on my computer, and I wouldn't like to risk it re-synching with the Wii.
Thank you in advance.

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
might just be easier to buy a wireless sensor bar or buy a second sensor bar, chop the end off and shove a usb plug on at the end of it

TheZoc

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The sensor bar doesn't synchronize with the wiimote. It's just a bar with some infrared leds in the extremities. You can use it without any problems.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The sensor bar just gets it's current from the Wii, nothing more.
It's not really a sensor, it emits infrared, wich the Wiimote can pick up ( or your digital camera etc, etc. ).

You could also solder up a cheap 3rd party sensor bar.
I soldered a usb cable on my cheap 2nd battery powered sensorbar.
Make sure you connect the red line to + and the black wire to -.
Pulg it in your Wii voila work like a charm.

You could also light up some candles ( waxine ) and place them up or infront of your tv, spacing them apart like a sensor bar.
Also work like a charm.

I do not think it is possible to power on/off your sensor bar via software.
As I recall it is pure harware that is powering the bar via the official connection.
On the other hand, if you have a 3rd party sensorbar like I mentioned, there will be a switch to turn it on and off.

Wolfenpilot687

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I know, I know, I know.
I know the Sensor Bar is just a bunch of LEDs.
The thing is that the Wii sometimes re-syncs with the Wii Remotes, and that's what I want to avoid.
Something like the BootMii screen, where there cannot be any input from the Wii Remote.

SoraK05

Trophies
XP
Country
Kenya
If you sync the Wii remote to the PC by holding down 1+2 with a USB bluetooth device, you can power on the Wii to get power to the sensor bar and you can use the Wii remote on the PC without it being synced to the Wii and having a conflict.

Once you de-sync it from the PC it will work on the Wii again.

There is no need for a homebrew to do this. The Wii remote will remain synced to the PC until you de-sync it by removing the USB bluetooth device / removing the Wii remote from the USB bluetooth list.

Reactions: 1 person

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I know, I know, I know.
The thing is that the Wii sometimes re-syncs with the Wii Remotes, and that's what I want to avoid.
Something like the BootMii screen, where there cannot be any input from the Wii Remote.
The reason wiimotes do not work during bootmii , is simply because bleutooth is not activated before system start.Bootmii boots first before anythin initiating like bleutooth, it's not programmed the way that motes do not work. it's just not possible at that stage of booting.

Make a switch to unpower bleutooth module....
How is this related to a sensor bar connection on your pc?
As far as I know there's now way to do what you want.

Wiimotes sync via bleutooth connection, by Syncing Wii serials ( correct me if I'm wrong...).
Maybe there's a way to add your Wii's serial for this purpose in Dophin?

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
(edit: this was @Wolfenpilot687)
Erm...the bootmii screen is like the bootmii screen.

Sorry. I don't mean to sound condescending, but you've practically answered it yourself: put the bootmii files back (or use a tool like bootmii enabler), then run your wii, so that GUI thing comes up (what's it called? Ceilingcat?). Since the wiimotes won't sync, you can press all those buttons without fear of actually syncing. And meanwhile, that "sensor bar" just emits the correct thing.

If soldering sounds too advanced, you can also pick up a battery-powered sensor bar (not sure if that was sufficiently made clear).

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If you sync the Wii remote to the Wii using the sync buttons, the remote will be synced to the Wii.
If you sync the Wii remote to the PC by holding down 1+2 with a USB bluetooth device, you can power on the Wii to get power to the sensor bar and you can use the Wii remote without it being synced to the Wii and having a conflict.

Once you de-sync it from the PC it will work on the Wii again.
Yes it's in the booklet...not. Should be self explainatory, really.
I do not get the point the OP wants to get to.

SoraK05

Trophies
XP
Country
Kenya
The idea is that the Wii remote will somehow re-sync to the Wii if the Wii is on while the Wii remote is synced to the PC.
Once the Wii remote is synced to the PC, it will not have any communication to the Wii until it is de-synced from the PC. A homebrew is not needed to 'force' the Wii to disable bluetooth / syncing abilities, as the Wii will never have any communication with the Wii remote while it is synced to the PC.. The remote will not communicate with the Wii and the Wii will not ask for the remote.

One can safely use a synced Wii remote on a PC while the Wii it is synced to is powered on and it will never communicate with the Wii until it is de-synced from the PC first.

If the remote is syncing with the powered on Wii it is likely the synced connection to the PC is unstable somehow and de-syncs from the PC.

Wolfenpilot687

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The idea is that the Wii remote will somehow re-sync to the Wii if the Wii is on while the Wii remote is synced to the PC.
Once the Wii remote is synced to the PC, it will not have any communication to the Wii until it is de-synced from the PC. A homebrew is not needed to 'force' the Wii to disable bluetooth / syncing abilities, as the Wii will never have any communication with the Wii remote while it is synced to the PC.. The remote will not communicate with the Wii and the Wii will not ask for the remote.

One can safely use a synced Wii remote on a PC while the Wii it is synced to is powered on and it will never communicate with the Wii until it is de-synced from the PC first.

If the remote is syncing with the powered on Wii it is likely the synced connection to the PC is unstable somehow and de-syncs from the PC.
Okay, maybe this is true.
Yes, perhaps it's an unstable connection that somehow re-syncs the Wii Remote to the Wii.

And yes, I know that Bluetooth cannot be enabled while on Bootmii because Bootmii is before the system boot.
I was just looking for a way to just simply...disable the Bluetooth on the Wii, to avoid accidental re-syncing. I thought it was something simple that could be done.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
This wasn't available the last time I checked, but there IS a USB powered sensor bar available now. You no longer need to make your own. It IS a bit expensive, but it might be worth it to avoid the hassle of snaking the sensor bar cord across the room.

http://www.amazon.com/Nextronics-Sensor-Bar-USB-Nintendo-Wii/dp/B001UAAX60/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1348604343&sr=8-1&keywords=usb+sensor+bar

SoraK05

Trophies
XP
Country
Kenya
If you have a Wii with BootMii/Boot2, at least you have that as an option.
You could load a GameCube game - bluetooth is not accessible. You could even use PriiLoader and tell it to use a stub IOS as the System Menu IOS and autoboot to it :)

There may be a means to block bluetooth with homebrew in the same way that GameCube games disable it.

M[u]ddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I know, I know, I know.
When you sync your Wii Remote with the PC, using the 1+2 buttons, the Wii Remote will just be guest synced.
Use the red button in the battery compartment instead and the Wii Remote will not resync to the Wii.

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol