Stadia Connect July 14th roundup - Sekiro and Super Bomberman R coming to the platform

Google is back with a new Stadia Connect to remind you that they're keeping their service kicking. The free 1-month trial promotion for new users is still available, letting you stream titles like Destiny 2, Crayta, Monster Boy, Grid, PUBG, and more.

Click to Play is a new feature That YouTubers can include in their video descriptions, where you can click the link and instantly start playing whatever game they are, without installs or updates. The Premiere Edition of Stadia is "only" $99.99.

There are new games coming to the service. 2K Games is bringing 2K21, while Super Bomberman R Online is also going to be playable soon, and it integrates being able to play with people streaming the game on YouTube. Bombs and characters have cosmetics you can equip. Comes to Stadia this Autumn.

Dead by Daylight is also arriving on Stadia this September, where it too will have Stadia exclusive features, such as letting the crowd pick story options.

Elder Scrolls Online is now on Stadia. Crossplay with other launchers on PC.

Serious Sam 4 is going to be on Stadia at launch. Hello Neighbor Hide & Seek hits the platform in Holiday 2020, while the original launches September. Both will be free for Stadia Pro subscribers at launch.

One Hand Clapping is in early access and is available now.

Square Enix is bringing Outriders to Stadia.

FromSoft is bringing Sekiro to Stadia. 2020 Fall.

Hitman 1 and 2 arrive in September, while Hitman 3 launches January 2021.

Supermassive Games, Harmonix, and Uppercut Games are bringing their games to Stadia. More information will come later as to what they're putting on the platform, but for now, we get to learn that Outcasters is coming Fall 2020.

Only on Stadia is Robot Entertainment's Orcs Must Die 3. Playable for free with Stadia Pro.

That's a wrap.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
super bomber on switch and PS4 was a disaster for online i played a 1vs1 vs a friend and i thought i moved and laid down a bomb and tried to move back welp the bomb was in the middle and i died.... i said nope this is one of the worse games i bought in 2018. but looks like a cool system anyway.

Last edited by DJPlace,
Reactions: Zense

SkittleDash

Head Nurse
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Google, just stop... No one is going to buy into your shitty service. Can't believe they still have the audacity to still charge people full price for games that came out years and years ago. On top of that, they expect us to also pay $100 just to play those games. While with Geforce Now, it's free. Heck, even Shadow is much more cheaper and you get a complete desktop that you do whatever the hell you want.

GoldenBullet

That One Guy
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Google please steal this idea: Make games be able to played in split screen! Like come on, have it where you can just have two instances of a game running or partner with developers to implement it. The way the service is setup is perfect for pc split screen. I personally would buy a nice coop game of I could do some couch coop. Just my 2 cents

Last edited by GoldenBullet,

FanofFans

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Unpopular opinion:
The fanboyism and echo-chamber-banwagon-mentality here is real. I'm using the trial for stadia, and it is actually really good. No lag, no spikes, no frame issues, nothing. The only issue right now for me is the lack of games, and the need to have the chromecast and the stadia contorller to play on the TV. Sure the fact that it's only online and that if the service fails, I lose my game, worries me alot. But those are really my only gripes. If you have decent internet the service is actually good and the games run well. But I suppose people like to hate on things just to hate. Don't knock it until you try it. And if it doesn't run well for you then your internet sucks and you've made your decision. That's fine. But with decent internet it runs practically flawlessly in my experience.

Last edited by FanofFans,
D

Deleted User

Dead platform is dead.

Though I'm fairly curious (though would not purchase on this platform) what Harmonix games are coming to Stadia. Rhythm games do NOT play well with lag involved.

deinonychus71

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unpopular opinion:
The fanboyism and echo-chamber-banwagon-mentality here is real. I'm using the trial for stadia, and it is actually really good. No lag, no spikes, no frame issues, nothing. The only issue right now for me is the lack of games, and the need to have the chromecast and the stadia contorller to play on the TV. Sure the fact that it's only online and that if the service fails, I lose my game, worries me alot. But those are really my only gripes. If you have decent internet the service is actually good and the games run well. But I suppose people like to hate on things just to hate. Don't knock it until you try it. And if it doesn't run well for you then your internet sucks and you've made your decision. That's fine. But with decent internet it runs practically flawlessly in my experience.

"Hate on things just to hate". Could you take a step back and look at your own post?
There are legit reasons as to why people don't like it. Namely its outdated pricing model but also the fact that... well... if it doesn't run better than a $400 machine it doesn't exactly make sense for those who already have a console.
Your only argument is basically that with the proper connection, it runs well. I'm sorry, but "running well" isn't the selling point. The selling point is that it should perform better than current solution and offers additional features, which again are not ready.

It's great that you like it, but that doesn't make other people who don't hateful. It's called having different opinions.
I know I know, twitter era, "you're either with me or you're against me".

FanofFans

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
"Hate on things just to hate". Could you take a step back and look at your own post?
There are legit reasons as to why people don't like it. Namely its outdated pricing model but also the fact that... well... if it doesn't run better than a $400 machine it doesn't exactly make sense for those who already have a console.
Your only argument is basically that with the proper connection, it runs well. I'm sorry, but "running well" isn't the selling point. The selling point is that it should perform better than current solution and offers additional features, which again are not ready.

It's great that you like it, but that doesn't make other people who don't hateful. It's called having different opinions.
I know I know, twitter era, "you're either with me or you're against me".

You can buy the games and keep them forever. You don't have to opt for the sub service. I'm not saying it doesn't have cons, but for what it's advertised as, it runs perfectly provided you don't have a terrible connection. And what do you mean by doesn't run better than a $400 dollar machine? In what respect? That doesn't make sense. And it running well, while playing from an online server IS the selling point. At what point did they say that it would perform better than current solutions? And it most definitely does add additional features in some games, as highlighted by this initial post.
I understand some my hate it for its valid points against it, and those aren't what I'm arguing against. I even mentioned that it does have cons. But for those who hate it based on nothing but 'oh but it is online only herrrrr but the lag!' which you do see a lot of, from those who haven't even touched it, they hate on it relentlessly and with 100% bias having no experience with the service whatsoever. And those are the people I'm talking about. You can hate it for what it gets wrong, but a lot of people hate it because hating on it is popular. You see it a lot with games like call of duty or minecraft. It's a bandwagon-hate mentality. If you don't like it for real reasons, then fine. But otherwise, there's a lot of hate going toward it from people who just like to hate it for no real reason.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unpopular opinion:
The fanboyism and echo-chamber-banwagon-mentality here is real. I'm using the trial for stadia, and it is actually really good. No lag, no spikes, no frame issues, nothing. The only issue right now for me is the lack of games, and the need to have the chromecast and the stadia contorller to play on the TV. Sure the fact that it's only online and that if the service fails, I lose my game, worries me alot. But those are really my only gripes. If you have decent internet the service is actually good and the games run well. But I suppose people like to hate on things just to hate.
The game ownership thing is one of the many reasons I won't use Stadia. Same argument COULD apply to Steam, in the sense that if it goes under, you can't download your games anymore, but Steam is so successful, that basically couldn't happen. Stadia however, is at risk. Not enough people use it, and Google has a history of killing their projects. You can't even save a copy to play offline, so the games you buy on Stadia would be 100% gone for good. It'd be neat to have a cloud service like that as an alternative to owning expensive hardware and owning the games, but for most people it just isn't a valid option. If Google waited a few years (or more) until everyone had reliable internet, it'd probably be a hit.

FanofFans

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
The game ownership thing is one of the many reasons I won't use Stadia. Same argument COULD apply to Steam, in the sense that if it goes under, you can't download your games anymore, but Steam is so successful, that basically couldn't happen. Stadia however, is at risk. Not enough people use it, and Google has a history of killing their projects. You can't even save a copy to play offline, so the games you buy on Stadia would be 100% gone for good. It'd be neat to have a cloud service like that as an alternative to owning expensive hardware and owning the games, but for most people it just isn't a valid option. If Google waited a few years (or more) until everyone had reliable internet, it'd probably be a hit.
I completely agree. That's a huge con and it worries me. That's my main con against it. I did just buy the division 2 on stadia and I'm curious because I have a 10% discount code from using the free trial and I wasn't charged for it. It said I paid 0 and got it for free from the discount. So I am confused about that but we will see what happens. I may have just received a free game from an eror.

AlanJohn

くたばれ
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.deenextreme.com
XP
Country
Ukraine
Ah yes, Sekiro. A game where I had to increase the polling rate on my DualShock 4 in order to get lower latency. Definitely a good game for a streaming service.

In honesty though, if Google delivers with its promise of "negative latency", Sekiro wouldn't be a bad game to show it.

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Google please steal this idea: Make games be able to played in split screen! Like come on, have it where you can just have two instances of a game running or partner with developers to implement it. The way the service is setup is perfect for pc split screen. I personally would buy a nice coop game of I could do some couch coop. Just my 2 cents

Google had something like this when they showed off Stadia. Though, you can now see how much of it has actually been implemented/made use of. Right now Stadia sure isn't what Google promised.

Reactions: yoyoyo69

Physix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Still being curious as too why google stadia sticks to their business plan. For now their biggest rival nvidia geforce now offers a far better business model consisting of a cheaper price and a better "solution". Instead of selling full priced games, they offer you to login into your steam/uplay/origin account and stream your already bought games.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Unpopular opinion:
I honestly don't know what you think decent internet is. There's various reports of those with gigabit, running hard line directly to the modem getting instabilities and drops. To say "if it doesn't work then it's your problem" is ignorant and makes you look pretty freaking stupid.

I'd also wager you have drops and buffering issues (like the rest of us) and are either trolling or just accept it. Either way, good for you.

Last edited by Kioku,
Reactions: Pickle_Rick

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: The Wii version ran alot better