Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
weirdfate said:
lecture.gif
ph34r.gif

i have Mortal Kombat: Armageddon working with backup launcher gamma[*]download Waninkoko IOSPatcher-1.0 http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=799...=IOSPatcher-1.0[*]drag and drop the M.K.A iso to IOS Patcher (like the way we used to need to "patch" games for the loaders)[*]change the ios to 249 and press enter[*]press any key like it say's[*]burn the game[*]have funim not sure if this will fix issues with other games but it worked for this game
i will try other games that dont load and see if it does
if you try it and get other games working post your findings....

this is working with many games that crash after loading.. test other games and post findings
I followed the steps listed here for SSX Blur, but the game freezes at the controler screen. I used the same brand dvd-r that give me no coasters and set it to max speed as I usually do. Any advice?

EDIT: I also say an option in Softchip that allowes you to choose what IOS to boot a game in. Should I try that?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Did you patch to IOS249 and not to IOS30 as the readme says? IOS249 is the correct choice for softmodders. Do you have a cIOS installed as IOS249?

acesniper

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
When I use the same ISOs through the rebooter, it works in PAL. I'll try to wiifii it.

Edit: I tried to wifrii it but now it doesn't go to the controler screen
huh.gif

rooskie54

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible that your cIOS is installed as something other than IOS249? (like 247 for instance) You stated before that cIOS is installed correctly because other games work, but it would be possible to have it installed as an IOS other than 249. If it was then patching to run in 249 would do nothing to help you.

Just a thought, and all I can come up with off the top of my head. Personally I patched SSX Blur successfully to IOS249 earlier this week and have encountered no problems on Gamma.

acesniper

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for you reply rooskie54 but I checked anytitle deleter and IOS249 is shown there. The ISO I am trying to use is PAL. What region is your ISO?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Run the game with SoftChip, enable logging. Look into the logfile in the SoftChip folder on your sd card. Look which IOS is requested by the game, if it doesn't say IOS249, the game isn't patched correctly. If it says that the game requests IOS249, something is wrong with your cIOS or your media. SoftChip tells you the revision of the used IOS when you start it, what does it say?

The_Nate

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Any results yet? I'm trying to start SSX Blur with the USB loader but couldn't get it to start. I have a PAL Wii and a PAL Game and tried patching to ios249 but didn't work. I checked with anytitledeleter and found ios249 so i think I've got the right one installed. any advice?

WalkerOfTheDay

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The_Nate said:
Any results yet? I'm trying to start SSX Blur with the USB loader but couldn't get it to start. I have a PAL Wii and a PAL Game and tried patching to ios249 but didn't work. I checked with anytitledeleter and found ios249 so i think I've got the right one installed. any advice?

Games that need to be patched to 249, don't work in the USB-loader. Maybe there will be a fix in the future...

Servdogg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand why everyone says this game (and various others) need to be patched to work. I have not patched any games have have been able to get every backup title I have to work, SSX Blur included. Mortal Kombat works also with no patch. I'm on a 3.2U wii.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Servdogg said:
I don't understand why everyone says this game (and various others) need to be patched to work. I have not patched any games have have been able to get every backup title I have to work, SSX Blur included. Mortal Kombat works also with no patch. I'm on a 3.2U wii.

Then you have either a modchip or you have cioscorp installed.

markedmanner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have SSX Blur working on my my wii. I am using USB Loader GX with Error 002 fix turned ON and cIOS 38 rev13. I am using System Menu 4. you have to alter the ISO file for the game in order for it to work. Here is how I did it:

1. Open Up the SSX Blur ISO file in Wii Scrubber

2. In partition 1 of the ISO right click on ssx.dol and extract it to your desktop

3. Rename ssx.dol to main.dol

4. In patition 1 right click on main.dol and replace it with the one from your desktop.

Now just simply upload the modified ISO to your hard drive you use with the USB loader and it should work. I hope this was of help to some people. I have not tested this with burned backup but I assume it would play just like the one with the USB loader.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The same should work when you load that .dol with NeoGamma R4RC4 from sd card. But without the need to modify the .iso.

ronjeno

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
I have SSX Blur working on my my wii. I am using USB Loader GX with Error 002 fix turned ON and cIOS 38 rev13. I am using System Menu 4. you have to alter the ISO file for the game in order for it to work. Here is how I did it:

1. Open Up the SSX Blur ISO file in Wii Scrubber

2. In partition 1 of the ISO right click on ssx.dol and extract it to your desktop

3. Rename ssx.dol to main.dol

4. In patition 1 right click on main.dol and replace it with the one from your desktop.

Now just simply upload the modified ISO to your hard drive you use with the USB loader and it should work. I hope this was of help to some people. I have not tested this with burned backup but I assume it would play just like the one with the USB loader.

That worked for me too, only the dol files were under partition 2, not 1. I have 4.0U, Softchip R77 and cIOS36Rev8. I ripped the game myself using rawdump, did the ISO mod and burned to a disc with imgburn. So far, so good.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: damn wifi