rolleyes.gif

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This sounds silly. I don't understand why such a method would work. Also dvd9 support doesn't come with a wii it was implemented with a wiikey/cyclowiz firmware update. So non modded wii's don't read DVD9 i don't believe. I'm really not sure about this.

Wii supports natively DVD9, otherwise, DVD9 support by drivechips couldn't ever be possible. So the drive can read DVD9, and Nintendo can do it anytime with an update.

Nice yeah that's what I was thinking.

I don't think a wii game will ever be on DVD9 though the system doesn't have the power to handle that much data anyway. Everyone said the same thing about SMG that it would be on DVD9. Guess what? It wasn't... 360 games are DVD9. And anyone who has played a 360 game knows that wii games are nowhere near it when it comes to detail and depth of data and graphics. Wii games resemble much closer to the PS2's and XBOX 2gb isos.

I would bet money this is a DVD5.
It's not that reading a DVD9 requires that much of a processing power. If you can read DVD5, you can read DVD9 without problems. We're not talking about HD movies playback, we're talking about reading a DVD
laugh.gif

There's not so much difference in reading a DVD5 or DVD9, the only thing that changes is the disc density, if the drive can do it, no problem. BTW, someone burned a Super Mario Galaxy iS0 on a DVD9 and the Wii (modded with a Wiikey) loaded the game without problem.

I think it's on DVD9. It should be time that Nintendo started to adopt them
unsure.gif

MSW0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, stop going crazy.

Personally, I think people are being too nice to Twiffles. Not because what she is doing is "wrong", perse, but posting about not dumping it is basically bragging, just not up front, and it's not improving anything.

Complaining about Twiffles not dumping the game is not going to make it come faster.
Twiffles posting that she has the game, but will not dump it, is only throwing fuel on the fire.

You all need to calm down and have a Reese's.

crappypappy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

D1MX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Twiffles DID make a backup but she only gave it to a select few people. I'm enjoying Brawl right now.

Confirmed working on Wiikey.

Just wanted to know...is this really true?

Or just an elaborate trick planned by more than one person?

Cuz I got excited, but then calmed down quick cuz I know this is the internetz, and internetz lurkerz tend to liez.

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Twiffles is doing a great job pissing off the noobs and Linkboy is doing a great job fooling the noobs...

Why isn't this topic locked yet?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: douche