SSMB Play Problem

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by ClemTiger0408, Mar 25, 2008.

1. ClemTiger0408
    OP

ClemTiger0408 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 25, 2008
    United States
    I am having trouble getting my copy of SSMB to work.

Here are my stats:
    NTSC_USA copy of SSMB
    Latest firmware on USA Wii
    WiiKey 1.9g (Mario Galaxies works just fine)

When I went to put in the copy I burned, I got prompted for the system update from the disk like everyone has. Then the update locked up at around the 99% area, sat there for awhile and nothing happened. I had to hard reboot the console by unplugging it and restarting. When I restarted, the correct play screen for SSMB appears in the game channel, but when I start the game, I get the 001 error telling me that I have an unauthorized device.

I have done a lot of research about this so please don't bash me. From what I read, the game should work fine since I have the latest 1.9g version of WiiKey.

Anyone know what I should try doing at this point?

2. ClemTiger0408
    OP

ClemTiger0408 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 25, 2008
    United States
    I am still having this issue. Has anyone heard of a problem like this? Any suggestions on what I should do?

3. Warren_303

Warren_303 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 7, 2007
    United States
    Westcoast
    If I were you I would try the latest update 1.9s from the homepage.

4. ClemTiger0408
    OP

ClemTiger0408 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 25, 2008
    United States
    No dice. I hadn't seen that there was an update till you said that. I ran the update, so I am now using 1.9s and I still get the #001 error.

Is there any possible way that the fact that the DVD update didn't finish possibly be the reason?

I can try buying some more DVD+R DLs and using layer break, but from what I've been reading with WiiKey you don't need to layer break.

Ugh, so frustrating!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice