Always Remember 30/07/08
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Enable it.
laugh.gif

Are you talking about a router or a SoftAP? I know it doesn't work well with a SoftAP, but I never knew it didn't work with a router. I thought it was just the shitty ASUS software.

Instead of disabling SSID broadcast you could use MAC address filtering, which should provide a sufficient level of security.

I doubt there is any way of keeping it disabled and still having homebrew working properly. It might depend on your router whether it works or not.

Other than that, an update to the dswifi library the homebrew programmers use might fix it.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
the wifi lib is buggy but still this isn't a question about that. ssid must be set to public broadcast for the nds to make the connection with your router. it says so in the tech documents on nintendo.com. you can always dial that 1800 number on the back of your nds and talk to a free tech support person. i've heard you can turn it off after you are playing, but really i don't see the point. your broadcast goes what - 30 feet? do you have shady 12yr old neighbors that like to crack wep keys or something?

its good to be paranoid, but i wouldn't worry to much about it.

-another world

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never had a problem with WiFi on official games with SSID disabled, it's homebrew that won't work without it.

The way I see it, it's harder for someone to even attempt to hack your wireless if they don't know it's there. I'm not enabling it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: In emulation overclocked FX chips makes a pretty big difference in frame rate