Hacking SSBB

wolverine92

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i know this is old. ive been looking for a tut. on how to burn SSBB on a DVD5 4.7gb disc i cant seem to find one. i know that u have to cut out one of the single player modes (or at least u used to) i did this before when it first came out but have now forgoten any help will be gratly appreciated thanks guys

transam81

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
huh i used super dump to get the backup from my Wii. when i combine the 2 yup only 2 .bin files it already fit onto a 4.7GB dvd-r. isn't that weird? sorry i can't help, just felt like sharing.

markehmus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
could always look here:
<a href="http://www.google.com/search?q=ssbb+dvd9+to+dvd5&rls=com.microsoft:en-us&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&startIndex=&startPage=1&rlz=" target="_blank">http://www.google.com/search?q=ssbb+dvd9+t...Page=1&rlz=</a>

<!--coloro:red--><span style="color:red"><!--/coloro-->or i put it all together for NTSC, from a guide i found quoted below: <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
<a href="http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mmzmttdg3mn" target="_blank">http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mmzmttdg3mn</a>

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I've seen quiet a few topics and posts about getting Brawl to DVD5 and DVD9. Blah blah blah.
I will firstly explain DVD5's and DVD9's.

The DVD5 and DVD9 Story

DVD5's have a capacity of 4.7GB and are not dual layer. Are relatively cheap. (in Australia, they are like 25c each).
DVD9's however store around 9GB (bit less) and ARE dual layer. I don't know how much they are as I have never seen blank ones for sale (I have never looked for them either). But I'm pretty sure they are much more expensive. And you also require a Dual layer burner for you computer to even use these. (which, I don't have).

The Story of The Wii's discs.

Almost ALL Wii discs as of now (22nd of June) are 1 layer discs. A size of 4.37GB. Meaning legit 'backups' will all fit on DVD5's. But when Brawl was released, it turned out to be the first dual layer Wii game. This made it hard to 'backup', as you require dual layer burner and dual layer discs, not to mention that you have to know what time to change to the next layer (I hope I'm understanding this right). I've also have heard rumours about dual layer discs shortening the Wii's layzers life. Just a rumour though .

So I'm here and I'm stuck with no dual layer burner. So I decided to surf the net and figure out how to trim some stuff on brawl to get it onto DVD5.

The actual guide for DVD5.

What you need
1. WinRAR - Use it to Uncompress all kinds of files, especially RAR files.
2. FriiDump 0.4. - Use it to backup Wii games with a special drive, 0.4 was designed to support Brawl. (it worked 100% for me). <---You may not need this if you backup games using different methods.
3. SSBB DVD5 RipKit Package - A package required to do this. Thanks to KingpinZero for compiling this package. And thanks to Wiifiend for making it.
4. WiiScrubber with key - To trim backed up iso's.
5. Trucha Signer with regkey - To edit the contents of the iso.
6. Wiiupdate Patcher - To remove dupe channels for PAL users etc.
7. RegionFrii - To remove the region code of Brawl (I have a PAL wii, using d2pro, I didn't use this and it worked 100%).
8. ImgBurn - To burn it to a DVD5 (DVD-R) or DVD9. <---You can use another program if you wish.
9. A modded Wii. (modchiped). <---if you have updated to the new update (3.3) then you must use Gecko Region Free to run this completed disc the guide will tell you how to do.
10. NTSC Version of Brawl. No one here is a pirate are they?
11. 1 or 2 DVD5 -R's, not +R's. I know +R's shorten the life of your Wii's lazer.

Steps to get Brawl on to DVD5.

1. If you have no way of copying your 'very own' NTSC Brawl to your computer, then you have to download it. Download the DVD9 version. (Do this at your own risk).
1a. If you have a SD gecko, use that to 'backup' NTSC Brawl. And no, I have no idea how to use SD Gecko. If you own a special drive, like me, that can backup Wii games directly to your computer, use FriiDump 0.4.
1b. To use Friidump, extract it to your desktop. Right click on the bat file and press edit. Where it says (Drive Letter) replace that with the drive that is used to backup Wii games. Press save. Put Brawl into the specified drive, and run the bat file and let it backup .
2. Once you have your own backup iso file, make sure it is the right size 8,511,160,320 bytes. If it is even a little bit off, you have bad dump.
3. Extract the contents of WiiScrubber to desktop. Run it. Press 'Load Iso' and locate it to the DVD9 Brawl iso you have backed up.
4. Press clear and save iso. Put it to a location where you will remember. (I did desktop, and moves it after I was finished).
5. Wait until it is done.
6. Once it is done, close it then extract the contents of Trucha Signer. Run the regkey, and select 'yes' to add it into your registry.
7. Run trucha signer. (trucha.exe).
8. In Trucha, press select keyset. Then press custom keyset 1.
9. Press Image, then open Iso. Lead it to the iso Wii Scrubber created. (it has (compress) in the name).
10. Go into disc, then PARTITION (RELSAB). then go into ROOT.
11. Extract __update.inf to your desktop for now. Do this by right clicking it and pressing extract to file.
12. Minimize Trucha for now.
13. Extract Wii update patcher. Run it.
14. Make sure the tick is ticked to create a backup. Then press Remove RVL-Updates and locate it to your desktop and the __update.inf file.
15. It will create a __update.inf.bak file. Leave this there along with the original one for now.
16. Close Wiiupdate patcher and maximize Trucha.
17. Right click on the same __update.inf and press replace. Select the one that is on your desktop (NOT the __update.inf.BAK one).
18. Close that Partition and right click it. Press Trucha Sign it! (close the partion by pressing the ' - ' on it.).
19. Now move onto the next Partiton (RSBE01).
20. Go into ROOT. Then module.
21. Extract the SSB5 Ripkit package.
22. Replace replace the sora_menu_simple_ending.rel with the sora_menu_simple_ending.rel file provided in the package. Then in the same folder replace the sora_menu_title.rel with the sora_menu_title.rel file provided. Finally replace the sora_adv_menu_ending.rel with the sora_adv_menu_ending.rel file provided in the package.
23. Navigate to ROOT > MOVIE > PARAM > US
24. This is the boring part. You must replace each of these files with the files found in the 'us' folder in the package. Make sure you replace everyone and everyone with the correct replacement.
25. Now close everything except the disc and right click the RSBE01 partition and press Trucha Sign It!.
26. Close Trucha.
27. Burn this iso to a disc (the (compress) iso that Wiiscrubber made and Trucha played with) with ImgBurn. Burn it at 4x or 2x.

You are done!

Optional Steps.

1. When replacing files with Trucha, replace main.dol found in the SYSFILES folder in the RSBE01 partiotion. This is MEANT to remove the error 001 and green screen. But I found it did more bad than good. It actually prevented it from working. Use at your own risk.

2. After you have replaced all the files and the guide tells you to burn, before you burn use RegionFrii to make it region free. I didn't do this and I have d2pro as my modchip and my Wii is PAL. Works fine. <---My modchip is regionfree though, so if you mod chip is not region free, then you should do this step.

3. If you have spotted any glitches with this guide, just PM me.

Running Brawl DVD5/9, if you used the Trucha program with your image. (Above guide uses Trucha, as well as the DVD9 Optional Step 2)

Brief Info: Nintendo's stupid update blocks the trucha signing bug. The exact bug used to run the DVD5 version of brawl, according to the above guide. So if you want to know how to run trucha signed games (obviously on a modded Wii), read this too. Only use it if you actually pressed "Trucha Sign it!" in the Trucha program and that you actually replaced a file.

Instructions:
Coming pretty soon.

The Actual guide for DVD9.

What you need
1. WinRAR - Use it to Uncompress all kinds of files, especially RAR files.
2. FriiDump 0.4. - Use it to backup Wii games with a special drive, 0.4 was designed to support Brawl. (it worked 100% for me). <---You may not need this if you backup games using different methods.
3. Wiiupdate Patcher - To remove dupe channels for PAL users etc.
4. RegionFrii - To remove the region code of Brawl (I have a PAL wii, using d2pro, I didn't use this and it worked 100%).
5. ImgBurn - To burn it to a DVD5 (DVD-R) or DVD9. <---You can use another program if you wish.
6. Trucha Signer with regkey - To edit the contents of the iso.
7. A modded Wii. (modchiped). <---if you have updated to the new update (3.3) then you must use Gecko Region Free to run this completed disc the guide will tell you how to do.
8. NTSC Version of Brawl. No one here is a pirate are they?
9. A Dual layer disc (have no idea what kind [- or +] or brand or anything, so don't ask)

Steps to get Brawl on to DVD9 (no trimming).

1. Use step 1 & 2 of previous guide then come back to this guide.
2. Download this file. Mirror 1, Mirror 2, Mirror 3 - Thanks Koekje for this mirror!
3. Put this file in the same directory as your Brawl ISO file and have it the same name (not file extension though). E.g. You name it Smash.ISO and Smash.dvd
4. Extract and install ImgBurn.
5. Double click the dvd file and have it run with ImgBurn.
6. Press the Burn button. Simple! (make sure it has selected the correct DL drive and you have the DL disc inserted.

This still has NTSC update on it though (dupe channels for PAL wii's). Refer to optional step number 2 to fix it.

Note: The dvd file I did not make, I ripped off a forum but I can't remember where and who I got it off.

Optional Steps.

1. After you have replaced all the files and the guide tells you to burn, before you burn use RegionFrii to make it region free. I didn't do this and I have d2pro as my modchip and my Wii is PAL. Works fine. <---My modchip is regionfree though, so if you mod chip is not region free, then you should do this step.

2. If you want to remove the update on this one, (makes it trucha signed though, so you will need to refer to the Running Brawl DVD5/9 guide if you used trucha signing after you complete the following steps), refer to steps on DVD5 guide, steps 7 - 18.

3. If you have spotted any glitches with this guide, just PM me.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
<!--coloro:red--><span style="color:red"><!--/coloro-->:<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--coloro:#ff211a--><span style="color:#ff211a"><!--/coloro-->p<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--coloro:#fc1f28--><span style="color:#fc1f28"><!--/coloro-->l<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--coloro:#f91d36--><span style="color:#f91d36"><!--/coloro-->a<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--coloro:#f61b44--><span style="color:#f61b44"><!--/coloro-->y<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--coloro:#f41952--><span style="color:#f41952"><!--/coloro-->h<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--coloro:#f11760--><span style="color:#f11760"><!--/coloro-->a<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--coloro:#ee156e--><span style="color:#ee156e"><!--/coloro-->r<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--coloro:#eb137c--><span style="color:#eb137c"><!--/coloro-->d<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--coloro:#e8118a--><span style="color:#e8118a"><!--/coloro-->,<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--coloro:#e50e98--><span style="color:#e50e98"><!--/coloro-->m<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--coloro:#e20ca6--><span style="color:#e20ca6"><!--/coloro-->o<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--coloro:#df0ab4--><span style="color:#df0ab4"><!--/coloro-->d<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--coloro:#dd08c2--><span style="color:#dd08c2"><!--/coloro-->s<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--coloro:#da06d0--><span style="color:#da06d0"><!--/coloro-->o<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--coloro:#d704de--><span style="color:#d704de"><!--/coloro-->f<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--coloro:#d402ec--><span style="color:#d402ec"><!--/coloro-->t<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--coloro:red--><span style="color:red"><!--/coloro-->:<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way to copy SSBB when the Wii can't read it in the first place?
I have the NTSC disc, but superdump says it can't read the disc ID.

EDIT: SWEET! My Wii wouldn't play dual-layers, now it can!
Get a cd you dont care about and glue [glue stick works perfect] a piece of a paper towel to the disc, not covering the whole disc though, just like an inch, then stick it into the wii like you would a normal wii game. load the disc channel until it says its not identified, then eject the towel-disc and you'll see that the towel got a little dirty. Pop Brawl in and it should work! If it doesn't keep trying to clean your lens!

Way better than buying some crappy lens cleaning kit that probably doesn't work. or sending in your wii for that matter, especially since they probably send a unhackable wii back to you.

markehmus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
laughing-monkey.gif

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Wow, I would not have had the guts to push such a hackjob of a cleaner into the Wii drive.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu