Hacking Ssbb wont work on my wii O_O

Sahduk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its an original disk, and worked fine on my cousins wii, all my other games work perfectly except ssmb, lately I installed CiosCorp and I get an error message as soon I put the disk in the disk channel, and on gamma the game will work until I choose a level.

This is the only game this happens on. Does anyone have a clue why this is happening?

NeoNight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol, get a new wii and don't install/use homebrew/mod it?

I get issues reading ssb too, using cios rev 7(wiigators ver) when ever i use the video sequences. It would give an error once or twice but play fine when I run it again (even using the disc channel).

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
No no
It has nothing to do with softmod
The fact that SSBB uses two layers makes that your wii lens has to do more to read the disc
If your lens is dirty, it might have a problem reading the layers
Nintendo can clean the lens for you

Wilson735

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alternatively you can open up your system and try cleaning the lens yourself. If that doesn't work, you can replace the lens or even the whole DVD drive.

e46saugen

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Uninstall CiosCorp. With CiosCorp you can't play Dual Layer Games (Backups and Originals).
It has nothing to do with your lens.

Edit: Install cIOS rev. 6 to 248, burn your Dual Layer Games and patch them to use IOS 248. Now everything works fine.

kwf001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
e46saugen said:
Uninstall CiosCorp. With CiosCorp you can't play Dual Layer Games (Backups and Originals).
It has nothing to do with your lens.

Edit: Install cIOS rev. 6 to 248, burn your Dual Layer Games and patch them to use IOS 248. Now everything works fine.

Wrong. SSBB works fine on my wii with cioscorp. The problem is more than likely a dirty lens. I had to take apart my friends wii, and cleaned the lens using rubbing alcohol and a q-tip, slapped the wii back together and ssbb worked like a charm. Also, some older wii's need to be sent to nintendo before ssbb will work.

If you want my suggestion, I would get rid of softmii altogether and just use gamma, it seems to play games a little better than softmii.

There is a guide on GBAtemp that tells you how to restore your wii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: One of the worst games I have ever played