SSBB, wiikey legacy 1.9g/s, 4.2u console, not working

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Rajahten, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Rajahten
    OP

Newcomer Rajahten Member

Canada
    When the game first came out, I managed to get the DVD9 release as well as the DVD5. I remember I had to swap the games out. I think what I used to do is put in the DVD5 version, wait until the movie scene, and then insert DVD9, and it worked.

But now, it won't. The DVD5 version, when I put it in, won't even display the icon in the game channel. It just goes to a black screen that says "An error has occurred. Please eject blah blah".

Now when I put in the DVD9 version, I get an icon in the game channel, I can also click start. It goes to the loading part, and gets a far as a white screen. I think maybe the movie scene? I am not sure. But once the white screen comes, the wii makes some "i am trying really hard to read this disc!" noises, and then freezes with a white screen.

I have wiikey 1.9g or 1.9s, I forget.. the one before the latest.
    I also have a 4.2U console. I have used verbatim hardware, as well as TY. I have tried with brickblocker and without.

Anyone know what's going on?

2. Rajahten
    OP

Newcomer Rajahten Member

Canada
  3. Rajahten
    OP

Newcomer Rajahten Member

Canada
    k, w/e, I give up. I don't understand it, but I'm gonna forget about it.

4. Hakoda

Member Hakoda GBAtemp Addict

United States
    4.2U broke region-free on Wiikey 1 consoles, were those releases PAL or NTSC? Its prolly NTSC but I just want to make sure. Also when I had my WiiKey 1 (or even my current WiiKey 2), it had a lot of disc hiccups. This is why people use USB loading as its a lot more reliable than burning discs.

5. Rajahten
    OP

Newcomer Rajahten Member

Canada
    both the dvd5 and dvd9 version are NTSC. And yeah I know the region free stuff is gone, now. Sucks but oh well.

I would get into USB loading but I really, really don't want to mess with IOSs and all that crap. If it's at all a chance you will brick, I won't do it.

Thanks for posting. I am going to try and get an original copy from a friend and see if that works.