SSBB, wiikey legacy 1.9g/s, 4.2u console, not working

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Rajahten, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Rajahten
    OP

Rajahten Member

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2010
    Canada
    When the game first came out, I managed to get the DVD9 release as well as the DVD5. I remember I had to swap the games out. I think what I used to do is put in the DVD5 version, wait until the movie scene, and then insert DVD9, and it worked.

But now, it won't. The DVD5 version, when I put it in, won't even display the icon in the game channel. It just goes to a black screen that says "An error has occurred. Please eject blah blah".

Now when I put in the DVD9 version, I get an icon in the game channel, I can also click start. It goes to the loading part, and gets a far as a white screen. I think maybe the movie scene? I am not sure. But once the white screen comes, the wii makes some "i am trying really hard to read this disc!" noises, and then freezes with a white screen.

I have wiikey 1.9g or 1.9s, I forget.. the one before the latest.
    I also have a 4.2U console. I have used verbatim hardware, as well as TY. I have tried with brickblocker and without.

Anyone know what's going on?

2. Rajahten
    OP

Rajahten Member

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2010
    Canada
    mmk.

3. Rajahten
    OP

Rajahten Member

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2010
    Canada
    k, w/e, I give up. I don't understand it, but I'm gonna forget about it.

4. Hakoda

Hakoda GBAtemp Addict

Feb 2, 2008
    United States
    San Jose, CA
    4.2U broke region-free on Wiikey 1 consoles, were those releases PAL or NTSC? Its prolly NTSC but I just want to make sure. Also when I had my WiiKey 1 (or even my current WiiKey 2), it had a lot of disc hiccups. This is why people use USB loading as its a lot more reliable than burning discs.

5. Rajahten
    OP

Rajahten Member

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2010
    Canada
    both the dvd5 and dvd9 version are NTSC. And yeah I know the region free stuff is gone, now. Sucks but oh well.

I would get into USB loading but I really, really don't want to mess with IOSs and all that crap. If it's at all a chance you will brick, I won't do it.

Thanks for posting. I am going to try and get an original copy from a friend and see if that works.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice