SSBB(U) on PAL Wiikey - no update request...

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by 2cb2ct7, Mar 13, 2008.

Mar 13, 2008
  1. 2cb2ct7
    OP

Member 2cb2ct7 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    So I just followed the excellent guide for making SSBB(U) run on a PAL Wii with a modified update (Prophet's), 001 error removed, full NTSC to PAL video mode patching, and finally RegionFrii patching to PAL. Burnt to a DL-DVD (Verbatim, +R) with manual layer break setting (as suggested here).

I put the disc into a console expecting to see the update request... but then nothing! The game runs, including warning splash screens and loading screen. A little bit of flicker, so I set deflicker to off (it was on by default) and the game now runs smoothly and looks great!

Why exactly would I not have been asked for an update?! I have read somewhere that someone used the PAL Fire Emblem update as a replacement in Brawl with complete success. I have run PAL Fire Emblem previously in my console, and updated from it. Would this be the reason?!

Either way, I am pretty stoked that I can now play Brawl in English!!! (I own the Japanese version but my Japanese Wii needs a new power adapter [​IMG])

Having a crack at fully patching a DVD5 version to save the Wii laser; I'll post back with comments, might even write a short guide for PAL Wii users if it works!

2. manias

Member manias GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    yeah probably fire emblem