SSBB stale moves rule

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by wiithepeople, Apr 21, 2008.

Apr 21, 2008

SSBB stale moves rule by wiithepeople at 5:05 AM (1,815 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. wiithepeople
    OP

Member wiithepeople ^^didn't play it that much, but I love it =D

United States
    The stale moves rule is new to SSBB, and I'm not sure whether it only applies to B-moves or applies to both B- and A-moves. A-moves are moves using the A button, like smashes and air attacks. Can anyone help here? Thanks. [​IMG]

2. iffy525

Member iffy525 not famous

United States
    Pretty sure its with all moves.

3. wiithepeople
    OP

United States
    Really? If thats true that sucks because I was going to spam wolf's side smash once I got him [​IMG]

4. Heran Bago

Member Heran Bago Where do puyo come from?

United States
    It's wit hall moves. The more times you do a single move consecutively it does less damage, by a factor decreasing each time until it just abotu levels out to a minimum damage.

So to keep damage done up, you should not constantly bitch one move. If you use any other move to break the "chain" of you bitching that one move, the next time you use that one move it will be back at full power.

You should be using more than one move anyway to keep your predictability down. For people who constantly mix up their strategy so their opponent can't read their moves, the "stale moves rule" as you call it has next to no effect. I only use projectiles for a pressure game so I'm happy.

5. notnarb

Member notnarb Not narbing it up

Yes it appliess to all moves, but, apparently, stale moves don't just count consecutively, but rather for the past 10-ish moves you have done. This is easiest explained through an example
    f-smash, ftilt - both do full damage
    f-smash, f-smash - the second fsmash does a little less damage and knockback then the first
    f-smash, f-tilt, f-smash - the second f-smash does as much damage as it did in the second scenario
    f-smash, f-smash, f-smash - the second does less then the first and the third less then the second

It should also be noted that a percent here and there isn't going to be a world of difference, however, because the same %loss of damage is also applied to knock back (19% instead of 20%, 5% less knockback) therefore, you should use finishing moves sparingly

6. wiithepeople
    OP

United States
    I usually do combos instead of spamming one move, but wolf f-smash is just so cheap, it'll make SSE and event matches etc. much easier if I spam it [​IMG]

Um...which one is true? [​IMG] I hope Heran Bago's is, although notnarb's seems more likely.