SSBB Problems

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Gamer, Jun 22, 2008.

Jun 22, 2008

SSBB Problems by Gamer at 2:54 PM (3,340 Views / 0 Likes) 16 replies

1. Gamer
    OP

Member Gamer DS Gamer

Mexico
    Hello!

First, i have an US WII with Wiikey 1.9g installed. FW 3.2U

Ok, a few months ago i burned a copy of SSBB (US) on a Memorex DL+ at 2.4x. Everything worked perfect, intro movies, ingame, music and so on. I played like a month or two, and then stopped playing because of MKWii.

Last week, i decided to try again SSBB, but oh surprise! I got a Green Screen Error, saying "The disc couln't be read.... . This is at the intro movie or before it starts. I had a few DVD's left so i decided to reburn it. Now i tried 2x and the LayerBreak.

When i tried the second burn copy, everything worked fine again, but a few days later (yesterday) again got a Green Screen Error, at the intro movie, after the "Now loading" screen.

Sometimes i manage to get past the intro pressing A, but sometimes i cannot. But when i get to be in-game, eveyithing works fine, even the SSE, and it's movies. It's just that INTRO MOVIE [​IMG]

So, i'm wondering... it's my Wii Laser or the Media? Like i said eveything worked perfect a few months ago. I guees my Wii doesn't like DL :S

Thanks!

2. Gamer
    OP

Member Gamer DS Gamer

Mexico
    Sorry to bump this...

So, i burn a third copy today, and the game still hangs at the intro movie. So it's my wii that doesn't like DVD9.

So i just scrubbed the iso, in order to Boot the game with a DVD5. Now, i can see the intro movie, and then i can swap to the DVD9.

But i'm wondering, there's also a PPF patch around here to make a DVD5 game... but i'm concerned if it uses Trucha Signer in some way, because it won't work with FW updates (3.3). IS that true?

Thanks a lot.

3. skawo96

Member skawo96 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    If it hangs then it's for 70% bad DL media. Try Verbatims. Yeah TS don't work with update 3.3 but Gecko OS is a workaroud. I have a scrubbed Brawl, and only problem is that you can't watch movies.

4. IxthusTiger

Member IxthusTiger Cruddy's Buddy

United States
    I'm using Verbatims and I'm having the same issue, Used to be able to watch the intro movie just fine (and I would do so nearly every time) but now I have to skip it because of the disc error.

5. Gamer
    OP

Member Gamer DS Gamer

Mexico
    My third burn sometimes worked and sometimes not... but i noted something:

My Wii was very hot because of WiiConnect24. I turned it off, and wait to cold down... and now it reads the DL disk just fine (including the intro movie) lol. Dunno if it will fail again (probably it will) but for now, at least i can use the DL.

If something fails, i have the scrubbed disk and the PPF patched one [​IMG].

6. jan777

Member jan777 motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz

Philippines
    yes the SSBB DVD9 is constantly spinning and putting much stress on the wii\lens

7. linuxares

Member linuxares GBAtemp Maniac

Sweden
    Not it aint, but SSBB is alot more stressful indeed.

8. layzieyez

Member layzieyez GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I've actually got SSBB burned to a verbatim but I couldn't get it to work more than once with my D2CKey modded Wii. That kinda why I ended up paying the $25.99 to amazon for the real thing.

9. jalaneme

Member jalaneme Female Gamer

United Kingdom
    i have the exact same problem, i was going to reburn it but i knew that doing that won't solve the issue for long, i'm considering getting a dvd lens clear for the Wii and giving it a good clean?

do you turn of wifi while playing the game? as i always leave my Wii off by the mains anyway

10. layzieyez

United States
    The one time I got my DL'ed copy on verbatim working I hadn't ever connected to the internet (it was before MK Wii came out).

11. skawo96

United Kingdom
    Do I have faulty Wii? When I enter DVD-DL it clicks three times and ends. Even when I enter blank DVD it spins; even CDs spins!

12. Gamer
    OP

Member Gamer DS Gamer

Mexico
    Nope, i mean the WiiConnect24 in the Wii System Options. I still can play wifi in-game just fine.

For some reason my Wii gets very hot (even the game disks) with WC24 on, but i had that way because of the MKWii Tournaments.

13. skawo96

United Kingdom
    Because with in on and wii off, fan is off and don't cool these parts.

14. linuxares

Member linuxares GBAtemp Maniac

Sweden
    Try using a DVD+DL, I have heard some stuff that the Wii do not like -DL

15. skawo96

United Kingdom
    I was using +DL. I have to try -DL. And some good brand. I had PHILIPS.

16. layzieyez

United States
    Do they even make DVD-DL? I thought all dual layers were +.

17. sukhdevss

Newcomer sukhdevss Newbie

United States
    i am having sumthin similar...

i bought a wii with super mario galaxy and ssbb and it worked fine, but since i got my wii chipped ssbb dont work since, i have been trying dis out 4 almost a week but no luck, when ever i ssbb in my wii then mostly it says dat please insert a disc, sumtimes it says that the disc is unreadable... any help, i rly want 2 play ssbb, any solutions without sendin my wii of 2 nintendo [​IMG]