SSBB on PAL wii - cant update

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Mashiasu, Mar 18, 2008.

Mar 18, 2008
  1. Mashiasu
    OP

Newcomer Mashiasu Newbie

Poland
    I cant seem to get SSBB working. My problem is that whenever I insert the disc, and try to do the update, the bar fills exactly 50% and I get a "The wii update failed" error. The disc I'm using (WiiZARD DVD9) is patched with the ppf patch, regionfrii and Prophets __update.inf. I have also made the DVD5 version but using that the update fails at the very beginning (the bar fills just 1%). A brickblocked version of DVD9 gives me a completely black screen right after i try to start the game. I have a PAL wii with 1.9g wiikey and dont care about dual channels, I just want to get the game working so I would really appreciate if you helped me ;D

2. MarcoZ

Newcomer MarcoZ Advanced Member

Italy
    Try to do a totally unedited version and use the freeloader

3. greencar

Newcomer greencar Newbie

United Kingdom
    HI.

This is what I have done to get SSBB to work on my Wii, my son is very happy with it.

Wii was on 3.1E with wiikey 1.9g
    update via internet to 3.2E.
    put in game called "Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn PAL" when it asked for update, let it update.
    Burn SSBB (WiiZARD DVD9), patched with "Super.Smash.Bros.Brawl.WII.NTSC.TO.PAL.UPDATES.REMOVED.PPF.PATCH", with VERBATIM DVD+R DL 2.4x with ImgBurn on my Pineer DVR-111D firmware 1.29.

put in Wii, it does not ask for update and works perfectlly so far.
    no duel channels.

hope that help m8.

4. Mashiasu
    OP

Newcomer Mashiasu Newbie

Poland
    I tried MarcoZ's method...and the unpatched iso (using freeloader) didnt give me any updates. The wii recognizes all of the discs i burned (4 DVD9 with different or no patches and 2 DVD5's) and the ones that allow me to do the update fail. Starting the game always gives me a black screen and the wiimote gets disconnected...I'll try the Fire Emblem method ASAP but i hope theres some other way as downloading the game might take a while xP ....so yeah...tried to udpate with PAL Fire Emblem, update failed at 50% again [​IMG] I dunno what the hell is wrong with my wii, but i hope there is a solution for this problem =[ Please help ;_;