Hacking SSBB on FAT32 in Wiiflow

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
I've bought a retail version of SSBB so I can try out Project M. I've managed to backup the disc to my lads WBFS drive (my old one) but can't seem to get it onto FAT32. I've tried using Wii Backup Manager to try and extract the ISO(also tried WBFS) but when it "completes", there is no file in the designated folder. The game boots and plays fine through disc channel, but I would like to have this backed up on FAT32.

I've searched around and can't find anything on this. Any help would be appreciated

bazamuffin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
XFlak said:
try re-ripping it directly to fat32 using configurable usb-loader or cleanrip

Got issues with CFG so I shy away. Don't think Ive heard of cleanrip, will give that a spin later on. I just find it odd that I've been able to rip it to my sons Wii/HDD but I can't take it off/transfer with a Backup Manager. Do I have to have a specific cIOS with it being a DL game or does that not matter when ripping to HDD?

Donkey Plonk

Trophies
XP
Country
Fat32 doesn't support >4GB files mate. It needs to be split using Wii Backup Manager. Its in the settings to split files every 4GB if I remember right

bazamuffin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Donkey Plonk said:
Fat32 doesn't support >4GB files mate. It needs to be split using Wii Backup Manager. Its in the settings to split files every 4GB if I remember right

I think its set up for that already, but I cant even extract the SSBB iso from a WBFS partition to my laptop which is NTFS.

frederic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
"If you are ripping your retail copy make sure you have installed cios38rev17+ or set your loader to use ios222 or 223 then rip the game."

Got this info from a thread regarding Metroid other M which is also Dual Layer. It sounds like the rip is at fault if you are using the latest version of Wii Backup Manager 0.3.6.
It isnt possible to rip a Wii .iso to fat32 but .WBFS should work, as should .iso to NTFS, so from the info you have given the rip is the culprit.

game_rat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ran into the same problem with Wii Backup Manager and SSBB. I ended up ripping the game again using USB Loader GX. I tried ripping using cIOS 222 but the estimated wait time was something like 4-5 hours. I ripped again using cIOS 249 and the it ripped in a reasonable amount of time. Once finished I set the game to play using cIOS 222 and all seems to be fine with the game.

bazamuffin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
game_rat said:
I ran into the same problem with Wii Backup Manager and SSBB. I ended up ripping the game again using USB Loader GX. I tried ripping using cIOS 222 but the estimated wait time was something like 4-5 hours. I ripped again using cIOS 249 and the it ripped in a reasonable amount of time. Once finished I set the game to play using cIOS 222 and all seems to be fine with the game.

And this was with a FAT32 partition?

bazamuffin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
game_rat said:
I ripped it to a NTFS partition but I'm pretty sure GX will rip to FAT32

Will give it a shot. Im sure there are people on here who are playing SSBB on FAT32, although it may be a 4gb chopped down version. I will give GX a go, as well as CFG even though it seems to crash on me alot
frown.gif

frederic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Id have thought Wiiflow would be able to rip it properly. What cios are you running Wiiflow with? SSBB takes up about 6.7 gb when on FAT32 split into two files.

game_rat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
I ripped again using cIOS 249 and the it ripped in a reasonable amount of time. Once finished I set the game to play using cIOS 222 and all seems to be fine with the game.

I just want to make myself clear on my previous post, I ripped SSBB using cios249 rev19 and I have the game configured to run on cios222. Everything SEEMS to be working fine with the game but I have not played through all of the boards and tested every part of the game. I have read that the game has to be ripped using cios222 but I’ve also read that cios249 rev19 has dual layer support and it should be able to rip the game. Anyway, just throwing that out there.

bazamuffin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
game_rat said:
QUOTE said:
I ripped again using cIOS 249 and the it ripped in a reasonable amount of time. Once finished I set the game to play using cIOS 222 and all seems to be fine with the game.

I just want to make myself clear on my previous post, I ripped SSBB using cios249 rev19 and I have the game configured to run on cios222. Everything SEEMS to be working fine with the game but I have not played through all of the boards and tested every part of the game. I have read that the game has to be ripped using cios222 but I’ve also read that cios249 rev19 has dual layer support and it should be able to rip the game. Anyway, just throwing that out there.

Currently Im running cIOSx21 (dx3) with base 57 in 249 and base 56 in 250. I managed to rip it using CFG loader and it boots fine there. However, although it shows up in Wiiflow I now get DSI code dump when I click the game. I don't even get as far as getting to hit the play button.

Im having problems too with Hermes 222 installer version 5.1. I keep getting errors, in particular "ret=-1017" and "hash bad" ones (with the error code and "SD Card" highlighted in red). Ive checked my SD card and I can't find any residual folders or files that may be clashing with the NUS download part of the process so it should be doing a clean install. I only have cIOS 202, 236, 249 and 250 at the moment. I've removed my SD gecko and GC memory card as I believe these can cause crashes too.

eleventh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have successfully ripped the PAL DVD9 version of SSBB to a FAT32 HDD. (Wow a lot of abbreviations).
Problem is I cannot remember the exact settings.
But, I do believe it was cIOS249v19 using Configurable USB Loader. (Believe it failed first time using cIOSv17/18 until I updated iirc.)
So it is possible
smile.gif

bazamuffin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
eleventh said:
I have successfully ripped the PAL DVD9 version of SSBB to a FAT32 HDD. (Wow a lot of abbreviations).
Problem is I cannot remember the exact settings.
But, I do believe it was cIOS249v19 using Configurable USB Loader. (Believe it failed first time using cIOSv17/18 until I updated iirc.)
So it is possible
smile.gif

Acronyms, not abbreviations
lecture.gif
. I have managed it with CFG, my new issue is the booting in Wiiflow and the inabilty (or error on my part) to install Hermes 222 v5.1 so I can try to configure Wiiflow. Not sure if I can though as I can't even get to SSBB's settings, as soon as I click the cover it code dumps and the wii restarts. I have more games that work with 249 than 222 so I don't really wanna change to Wiiflow 304-222 just for SSBB, as I may have to change alot of games to run with 249.

I probably should be happy that I can boot with CFG, but I don't like the feel and look of CFG. Yes, Im a fusspot

bazamuffin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
This Hermes installer problem is really pissing me off now, gets to stage 1 of 15 and gives me these error codes. Im choosing 236 for the install and selecting 222 as the installation cIOS. All patches are applied to 236 AFAIK, so I dion't see the problem

game_rat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While doing your cios 222 install, try using 249 as the installing ios and see if that works

http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/cios/hermes-cios

"Version 5

* Unplug ALL Gamecube memory cards and controllers.
2. Run the cIOS222/223 Installer with the HBC. Use IOS249 if it asks so.
(If this doesn't work, try IOS236)

We advise you to install the following IOSs with these bases:

* IOS222 with base IOS38
* IOS223 with base IOS37
* IOS224 with base IOS57
* IOS202 with base IOS60

The installer will quit after each install, so you'll have to choose it again from the HBC after each install."

bazamuffin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
game_rat said:
While doing your cios 222 install, try using 249 as the installing ios and see if that works

http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/cios/hermes-cios

"Version 5

* Unplug ALL Gamecube memory cards and controllers.
2. Run the cIOS222/223 Installer with the HBC. Use IOS249 if it asks so.
(If this doesn't work, try IOS236)

We advise you to install the following IOSs with these bases:

* IOS222 with base IOS38
* IOS223 with base IOS37
* IOS224 with base IOS57
* IOS202 with base IOS60

The installer will quit after each install, so you'll have to choose it again from the HBC after each install."

Been doing everything as you say but no luck. Still getting ret-1017 and hash bad errors. Can't install any of the Hermes cIOS's. Theres a message when trying to install 222 about one of my cIOS's causing problems or something? I've tried selecting 236 and 249 for the install but get the same ret and hash messages when DL'ing from NUS

EDIT: Is it possible that the rev21 hotfix cIOS I have is causing problems?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s