SSBB on Configurable USB Loader

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Gohobojoe, Apr 4, 2010.

Apr 4, 2010
  1. Gohobojoe
    OP

Member Gohobojoe GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    This has been annoying me. I put everything on the way it's supposed to, load up the thing from the USB, and when I get to the Subspace Emissary, right after the first battle and the screen fades to black, it freezes.
    Basically, it freezes after the first battle. I haven't tested out the other modes but the multiplayer mode works fine.
    What's the solution?

2. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    It's a known error. You're using Waninkoko's cIOS, right?

Install Hermes's 222/223 and configure SSBB to use 222 instead of 249, and you'll do fine. [​IMG]

3. Geridian

Newcomer Geridian Advanced Member

Germany
    ... or update your Waninkoko cIOS with one of the new installers to rev 17 or better, to rev 19 --> No Problems with SSBB [​IMG]

... But when you dumped your copy of SSBB with cIOS rev 14 loaded by the USB Loader you need a new copy on the USB HDD because you dumped the bug.

4. Gohobojoe
    OP

Canada
    ...And it still freezes after the first battle. I've been using the DVD9 version so should I just try out a different version? Probably the DVD5 version?

5. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    Which cIOS did you use, Gohobojoe? 222 or (a more recent revision of) 249?

And also: which loader do you use, and which other settings do you get for that game?

By itself, SSBB has no different versions. The game is too big for a single layer disc (or "DVD5 disc"), so a 'normal' dump would be a 'DVD9' version.
    I've heard there is a SSBB version floating around on the torrents that has all but one of the cutscene movies stripped, thus making it able to fit on a single layer disc. This may not give you that error, but to be honest, I doubt you truly got it to run under 222/223.
    (note: I have no experience running it under rev17 or 19...it'll probably work, but I can't guarantee it).

EDIT: ...and I'm partially to blame for that. I hadn't realised the link I gave in my previous post didn't have a download link for the IOS itself. Here is another link. (yes, it's an older version of the cIOS. But it's good enough to run wii games [​IMG] ).

6. Frogman

Member Frogman This could be you!

Australia
    hi.
    i use iso buster to copy my games i bought from bali to put on my wii but know i have a real game from australia and i dont know how to do it because it says as soon as i put it in error.

so what do i do ?? does it have some sort of copy protection

btw i put my games on a harddrive to play them on the softmodded wii

7. Gohobojoe
    OP

Canada
    Well, I tested out a different download. I get pass that point now.
    I haven't checked out the rest of the game yet...

8. justmike

Member justmike GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    That is because the version you had was ripped using cIOS rev 14 or lower. That had a bug poster #2 was talking about.

Rip it again with a version 17 or higher and it will work.