Hacking SSBB NTSC-U on a JAP Wii possible?

iDarkTrace

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Due to the lack of exploits and the apparent death of bannerbomb
frown.gif
, I'm trying to run a US version of SSBB on my JAP Wii so I can run the smash stack exploit and get homebrew channel back and hopefully this can help many other people with JAP Wiis.
(Using DVD5 btw, not DVD9)

I tried using regionfrii on a US SSBB and changed it to JAP. I had a feeling it wouldn't work because the game code did not change. (US - RSBE01, JAP - RSBJ01)

I believe there is a few steps I am missing, for example the use of Trucha Signer possibly.
Has anybody got it to work on a JAP Wii anyway?

This is slightly off-topic to the title but...
I also tried the DISKSWAP trick in which you have a normal backup that, when resetted, goes to the health precaution screen. I have a normal working JAP SSBB working and a modified JAP SSBB (main.dol replaces with boot.dol of hackmii_installer) I believe the steps are as followed:
1. Boot normal disk
2. When the game loads press HOME
3. Swap the normal disk with the modified one
4. Reset
5. hackmii boots

After the 4th step my Wii goes to the channel screen instead and then after a few seconds gives me an error message... why is this happening? Am I forgetting something?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

bwillb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
don't know about your question, but if you have any forwarder channels on your system menu (like to a usb loader) you can replace its boot.dol with the hackmii installer and get in that way.

iDarkTrace

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
bwillb said:
don't know about your question, but if you have any forwarder channels on your system menu (like to a usb loader) you can replace its boot.dol with the hackmii installer and get in that way.

I have no forwarder channel =/
Man once I get ahold of Homebrew Channel again I'm putting up a NAND backup, getting 3 different forwarder channels, geckoOS as a channel... no updates is gonna screw me over this time.

bwillb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iDarkTrace said:
bwillb said:

Man once I get ahold of Homebrew Channel again I'm putting up a NAND backup, getting 3 different forwarder channels, geckoOS as a channel... no updates is gonna screw me over this time.
I can see it now.... "Update 4.4 deletes forwarder channels!"

iDarkTrace

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
bwillb said:
iDarkTrace said:
bwillb said:

XD LOL
Not too bad. Aslong as you got that NAND backup right? lol
I REGRET not making one...

gaojiugao
IF the systemenu ver is lower than 4.2J, it's possible to run SSBB via a mod-chip

Good sir, if my system menu was below 4.2J, I wouldn't create this topic.

bwillb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iDarkTrace said:
XD LOL
Not too bad. Aslong as you got that NAND backup right? lol
I REGRET not making one...
Well, you'd still need some way to get the backup onto the Wii.... either bootmii boot2 or a hardware solution

carlomagno1978

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
one wii updated to 4.3 can run the new HBC with the forwarder trick? or that works only for Wii's with the new HBC preinstalled in 4.2?

iDarkTrace

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
carlomagno1978 said:
one wii updated to 4.3 can run the new HBC with the forwarder trick? or that works only for Wii's with the new HBC preinstalled in 4.2?

Well a Wii updated can run the new HBC and HackMii, and to load the HackMii you need to use the two exploits Indiana Pwns or Smash Stack. My problem is, I DID update to 4.3 and my wii is JAP, so I cannot use the two exploits mentioned. DiskSwap trick doesn't work either and I don't have any forwarder channel. I'm trying to get a USA SSBB to work on my JAP Wii so I CAN run Smash Stack and get Homebrew Channel back.

I find it ridiculous that there is a JAP save for Indiana Pwns but there is no japanese version of the game...
blink.gif

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bwillb said:
iDarkTrace said:
bwillb said:

Except they still would just delete stuff by titleid just like with the HBC, so as long as you have random forwarders with random IDs they'll never get them all.

iDarkTrace

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Alright back to my question please:

Is it possible to run a US SSBB on a JAP Wii that has be un-softmodded? Can regionfrii and trucha signer do the trick?

[think] .... I wonder what new exploit will be available for all regions ....
For JAP Wiis they should make an exploit using Taiko no Tatsujin
ohmy.gif
biggrin.gif

That'd be cool... [/thinking]

iDarkTrace

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
WiiCrazy said:
First of all, get rid of that DVD5 version of SSBB, it will not work in any way in an unmodified wii..

But wait, if you have gecko os as a full channel then you can do it...

1. My Wii can read burnt games, so DVD5 is easily playable. (No Classic or Subspace Emissionary however)
2. If I had GeckoOS as a full channel, I'd be playing Super Mario Galaxy 2 24/7 instead of creating this topic xD

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
iDarkTrace said:
WiiCrazy said:
First of all, get rid of that DVD5 version of SSBB, it will not work in any way in an unmodified wii..

1. My Wii can read burnt games, so DVD5 is easily playable. (No Classic or Subspace Emissionary however)
2. If I had GeckoOS as a full channel, I'd be playing Super Mario Galaxy 2 24/7 instead of creating this topic xD

1. Hmm, if first partition is not trucha patched then that's a possibility, dunno...
2. If you are going to install everything as a full channel then next time at least install gecko os too... people still making this mistake... as if getting rid of sd-card dependency does magic, phew..

iDarkTrace

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
WiiCrazy said:
iDarkTrace said:
WiiCrazy said:

1. Hmm, if first partition is not trucha patched then that's a possibility, dunno...
2. If you are going to install everything as a full channel then next time at least install gecko os too... people still making this mistake... as if getting rid of sd-card dependency does magic, phew..

I did install GeckoOS, I used it as an app to run out-of-region games. Can't boot it without a forwarder channel. Wait... we are on the same page right??

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/eJV6GaIEgd4?si=ciLPnlhfd7XcrxQn