Hacking SSBB NOT WORKING WITH WIIKEY NTSC-U *PROOF BY ME!*

Hellfromabove

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just finished the vid. It shows me holding the disc and comparing it to the bottom of Twilight Princess to show it has a gold tint. Also, it shows me booting Twilight Princess (original), SMG (copy), and finally booting SSBB with a fail "Disc cannot be read." (original). Let me put it on You Tube. Here's the link:

First ever copy of SSBB!!!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=8I7ohpqPUZU

The video shows the first ever burnt copy of SSBB!!! Only thing is it is only the first layer of the game. So the game is recognized but crashes. It shows that the Taiwanese guy that supposedly dumped it is fake.

UPDATE:

Ok guys I'll post all the vids here:

Wiikey - not working:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=KW1P5hS_t00

CycloWiz - Recognizes Disc:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cridzaNrB0

CycloWiz - Ran Update on NTSC-U Wii and it PLAYS!!! (You get double channels):
http://www.youtube.com/v/2enlWg2rIpE

It works with D2Ckey. I will upload a video soon...

NOT AN UPDATE!!!

We tested it and we checked the Firmware and it stayed at 3.1U. I think it was upgrading the drive properties for the Dual Layer.

Update:

We read the information on the disc and it seems to be around 7.8~7.9gb. Now we are not sure if this is the true game file size. There might be a dummy file that takes up extra space. I can tell you this, the pictures of the game disc with all the files are fake. Currently until last night there was no way to dump DL Wii games. So I'll keep you updated, it's taking over 8hrs.

platypusrme427

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wow I just caught your post on bc. I'm angry that it won't work.
cry.gif

H8TR

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Don't tell me you couldn't get better lighting. Oh so your using NTSC-J legit SSBB on a NTSC-U/C Wii. That wouldn't work anyway. What we really need to try is a burned copy of SSBB on a NTSC-U/C Wii. Thank a ton for the info though Hellfromabove.

Milr

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What if you used a DL DVD to burn it, since my Cyclowiz firmware supports DL, i was wondering if that could be a fix.

Aoko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This will probably take another modchip firmware update, then.

Here's hoping the Wiikey team (wherever they are) comes through like the last time.

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Finally some proof...

Wiikey supposedly is able to read DL discs...but the game doesn't even boot...So is it really a new protection? Someone with a modded NTSC-J Wii needs to see if the original works...it's going to suck if I have to remove my modchip to play the game...

Aoko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, they tried that with Super Mario Galaxy, right? Editing the image and such.

I think the Wiikey team will have to add in Dual-Layer support. They managed to do it with 1.9b (that is, DVD9 support), I don't see why they can't make it with another update.

If they don't, though, this probably means I'll have to take out my Wiikey and buy SSBB.
laugh.gif

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, first of all, did the disk ask for an update before you made this video? There are some rumors going around that the game has to update your system in order to boot the disk for the first time.

Also, have you tried disabling your wiikey? Try disabling your wiikey by holding reset or however you do it, I"m not sure on how to but it's possible without removing the chip.

Also, have you tried making a backup of the disk and trying it with a backup instead of an original? This might be a dual-layer issue with both the Wii system software, and the Wiikey's dual-layer compatibility. I would doubt that the Wiikey team included any kind of Dual-Layer support for original disks, as Nintendo's yet to come out with any originals on dual-layer until now.

Also, try making a backup and using the autoboot tool that was recently released.

I bet it'll be hard to make a backup though, if your Wiikey isn't configured to read dual-layer originals. This is an interesting issue.

xiaNaix

Trophies
Website
xiaNaix.net
XP
Country
United States
It is not unusual for some Japanese games to not boot on a U.S. system. Until this backup is testing on an NTSC-J machine, there is no reason to get all worked up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: