Hacking SSBB NOT WORKING WITH WIIKEY NTSC-U *PROOF BY ME!*

Colobos

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
damn it. ppl in japan are enjoying this game while we're all stressing if it works or not. and i bet it'll work in the us eventually but my and my pal wii are gonna get ****ed over. Sigh

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wouldn't it be great if the guy just forgot to turn on region-free and we wouldn't have to worry about a Wiikey update?
frown.gif

leeharris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would be great if someone with the game could try to dump it with Friidump and post the error. Us devs could then start debugging and post updated versions for people to try.

Hit me up on email at [email protected] if you have a copy and can attempt to dump with Friidump. I also have AIM at leeharris100

TaMs

Randomizer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Did you try to remove wiikey, install the update on the ssbb disc. and then turn the wiikey on and if it's working then?

ohnoeee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm still slightly n00bish on Wii hacking, but I just need to get one thing clarified so I don't go batshit insane.
From what I'm hearing, if I have Wiikey and eventually buy the real NTSC-U version, it wont work even then?

Mine doesn't have a switch to turn it on/off, matter of fact they had to burn into part of the board to get it to work, because some one else burned a few important things off.

Roflcopter_Down

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm still slightly n00bish on Wii hacking, but I just need to get one thing clarified so I don't go batshit insane.
From what I'm hearing, if I have Wiikey and eventually buy the real NTSC-U version, it wont work even then?

Mine doesn't have a switch to turn it on/off, matter of fact they had to burn into part of the board to get it to work, because some one else burned a few important things off.
We don't know for sure until it is released but I assume it should work.

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
We don't know for sure until it is released but I assume it should work.
You shouldn't assume that it works if those other test results were true. And I think I would have to disregard things dealing with on/off switches because how did people get different regions to work with the other modchips? I guess we'll just have to wait until new events occur...

electricsashimi

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
the first update was slow cuz the guy doing it was an ass, the SMG update was made by a different group, i think the d2c guys, thats y dat took about a week

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol, that was fun to watch. +1